Systems Engineer (TS/SCI w CI Poly Clearance Preferred)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has an immediate need in our US Public Sector Consulting Organization for a Systems Engineer in Herndon, Virginia.
The role of the Systems Engineer will be to, as a member of a team consisting of Business Analysts, Process Improvement, Test, and Configuration Management engineers, provide Information Technology services for remote and onsite support to existing IT services, implementing new IT services, transitioning IT services and implementing standardized processes, for a forward deployed overseas data center. You will interact, engage, and collaborate with mission partners (i.e., military terrain teams, Army Corps of Engineers, coalition and partner agencies, Department of State, Partner Nations, and GEOCells, etc) to fulfill requests for standard and non-standard GEOINT data.
The program, based in Herndon, VA and Tampa, FL provides Information Technology services in the areas of: Operations and Sustainment; Software Maintenance; Configuration Management; Site Installation; Checkout and Test; Special Purpose/Adaptive Maintenance; Program Management; Data Management; Systems Engineering; Field Service Support; and training within the Intelligence Community customer(s), providing support to the CENTCOM and AFRICOM Areas of Responsibilities. Ability work as a member of a highly dynamic team, with mission focused flexibility is a must. All personnel are subject to travel and after hours and on-call support will be required for some positions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide National Technical Means (NTM) and commercial imagery, foundation data, visualization services, and other GEOINT capabilities.
- Provide Tier-2 level support for all available domains/networks and act as the single point of contact between Tier 1 and Tier 3, for all responsible applications.
- Coordinate the delivery of application services changes with the Infrastructure Service Provider to ensure mission efficiency and mission continuity.
- Participate in various test events, security accreditation, configuration management technical exchange meetings, etc., to ensure the program baseline is maintained.
- Perform training on the applications and capabilities to members of the IC and those deploying to the AOR.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager, or Chief Engineer, from the Performance Work Statement or contract deliverable requirements, as directed.
- Knowledge of communications, imagery delivery systems, GEOINT cataloging, discovery and retrieval as well as Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) systems.
- Demonstrated experience developing Technical Documentation, Configuration Management, and Test Planning (IV&V, FAT, RT) efforts
- Ability to deliver government provided training packages to deployable personnel in the access and retrieval of GEOINT data, products, and services while providing exposure to associated GI&S systems and software applications such as Geospatial eXploitation (GXP Xplorer) GEOINT Visualization Services (GVS).
- Hands-on experience with geospatial visualization technologies including OpenLayers, Google Earth client and KML development, and ArcMap.
- Expertise in geospatial server technology including ArcGIS Server and Oracle Spatial.
- Relevant experience deploying software at digital libraries or at a data center to include one or more, but not limited to, the following:
o Linux/Windows Server Operating Systems
o VMWare Virtualization Suite and Tools
o Oracle Database Management
o PostGRES Database Management
o ASPERA Data Replication
o HTML 5.0
- Experience operating in the CENTCOM and AFRICOM forward deployed operating environment
Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience or approximately 10 years of experience in a systems engineering discipline of relevant size and scope.
- TS/SCI w CI Poly Preferred
8570 complaint (Within 90 days of hire)
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top