Systems Engineer - SA with C, C , Java (TS/SCI CI POLY Clearance)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has an immediate need in our US Public Sector Consulting Organization for a SA with C, C , Java – TS/SCI FS Poly Systems Engineer in Hanover, MD.
Sr. Systems Engineer to work swing shift Saturday through Tuesday from 1300 to 2300. The candidate will work in a dynamic and operational environment supporting Cloud-based repositories. These repositories are used by thousands of Intelligence Community users. The candidate will need to feel comfortable working in a high tempo mission environment where requirements change on a daily basis due to operational and world events.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
- Required – Shall have twelve (12) years experience in system engineering. Seven (7) years experience shall have occurred within the past ten (10) years.
- Required – Shall have two (2) years experience in the cleared environment.
- Required – Must work Saturday through Tuesday, 1300-2300
- Desired – Five (5) years experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
- Required – Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/nontechnical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Highly Desired – Shall have seven (7) years of Systems Administration experience with the combined specific network operating system, hardware, and software experience to be supported is required. Specific hardware and software configurations include: HP Blade Servers, CISCO 6500 series switches, Enterprise Class Storage large clustered file system, Oracle clustered file system, Quick File System, UNIX, LINUX systems and New Technology File System. COTS applications include Oracle, HPOpenView, BASIS, Mnemonic software and GOTS applications written in C, C , JAVA and Shell Scripts.
- Highly Desired – Demonstrated experience leading teams of administrators and interfacing with user communities and technical customers.
- Highly Desired – Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
- Highly Desired – Meet one of the following two skill sets.
o Programming skills in C, Perl or Bourne Shell along with experience providing system administration of a database-centric system and knowledge of RDBMS, SQL Server and database security features.
o Experience administering Solaris, UNIX, LINUX systems, or Windows 2000/2003 Servers, SQL Server 2000/2005 RDBMS and Dell/HP hardware is required. Experience with SURVIVOR hardware and software configurations.
- Highly Desired – Six (6) years experience (combined) with Unix, Linux and Windows.
- Desired – Experience in resolving complex situations for operational mission critical systems.
- Desired – Five (5) years experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Desired – Five (5) years experience developing solutions that integrate and extend COTS products.
- Desired – Experience optimizing storage, retrieval, backup, and retention strategies across globally distributed, high throughput, text and multimedia storage within clustered or cloud environments
- Desired – Experience implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
- Desired – Knowledge and experience with internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or Google’s BIG TABLE.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience. A Master’s Degree in a technical field will be considered equivalent to six (6) years experience.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top