Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leadingprovider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a SystemsEngineer (SE) to join our team.
The SE primarily providespre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complexproducts/applications/solutions. As aPre-Sales/Systems Engineer, the SE will be responsible for managing pre-salestechnical / functional support to prospective clients and customers whileensuring customer satisfaction. With a proven track record of successful salessupport activity, the Systems Engineer will present and articulate thecapabilities and values of an Aruba Solution versus that of our competitors.The preferred candidate will have career level experience with networkinginfrastructure technologies in all arenas.
The SE will work with Aruba’sTerritory Managers to qualify opportunities and convert leads into successfulengagements. The Systems Engineer must combine excellent sales support, andconsultative skills with an expert understanding of advanced and emergingtechnologies with an emphasis on campus and distributed branch networks. TheSystems Engineer will consult with their assigned Territory Manager to providea comprehensive pitch to prospective clients.
This Systems Engineer willproactively support an opportunity pipeline and drive through the sales processto closure. This career level position requires the ability to lead in a teamenvironment and to collaborate on the development of innovative, tailoredsolutions for both clients and prospects. Incumbents must know how to gatherthe client data required to effectively tailor a solution. Solution selling isa must, and incumbents need to understand the various ways a solution may bedelivered and have the ability to anticipate what will work best for a givenclient. By combining technical expertise with business acumen this roleprovides vital, detailed information about how Aruba’s solutions deliverbusiness value to our clients.
- Manage account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts inassigned territory.
- Provide the optimum combination of hardware, software, and services tomeet complex customer needs.
- Play a role in the development of the bid, proposal, and presentationof the solution to the prospect.
- Provide specific solutions/technology/product/technical and salessupport for accounts in assigned territory.
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners, and potentialprospects.
- Manage vendor partners to help drive business and deliver demandgeneration events.
- Drive account relationships over time to continue to deliver advice tothe customer and identify additional opportunities; maintain and manage a salespipeline and forecasts against regional goals.
- Possess competitive knowledge including solution, technology, andproduct offerings.
- Provide consultative support to key internal/external stakeholders inassigned territory.
- Use in-depth product knowledge toprovide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through salespresentations and product demonstrations.
- Assists the sales staff inassessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs.
- Prepare detailed productspecifications for the development and implementation of customerproducts/applications/solutions.
- Create detailed design andimplementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions.
- Establishes the validity of asolution and its components; creates proof of concept where required
- Provide consultation toprospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation.
- Represents company as technicalexpert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise and links torelated technology areas
- Delivers customer workshops asappropriate for further understanding of issues and buy-in to company’sproposal
- Partners effectively with othersin the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
- Minimum of Five (5) years of related experience with aBachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent workexperience.
- Infrastructure engineeringand some experience with successful pre-sales support is preferred
- Technical and solutions experience in multiple verticals
- Excellent oral & written communication, organizational,presentation, prioritization, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be customer focused and have the ability to design andmanage solutions to complex technical issues.
- Ability to interface with senior levels of internal / externalorganizations is required.
- Ability to mentor more junior Systems Engineers in theassigned territory is required.
- ACMP certification preferred.
- CCNA or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Toronto, Ontario
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard EnterpriseCompany
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard EnterpriseCompany, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions forthe mobile enterprise. The company designs and delivers Mobility-DefinedNetworks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation oftech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work andpersonal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and ITcan rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wideperformance optimization and trigger security actions that used to requiremanual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity andlower operational costs.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company is an equalopportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO isthe Law poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE#HewlettPackardEnterprise
#SystemsEngineer #SystemsEngineerJob #CalgaryJob
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top