Systems Administrator - Linux (Top Secret Clearance required)
Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
- Experience what it means to win as a professional.
- Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
- Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
- Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
- Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting a customer at Offutt AFB. The contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving missions for the customer.
The Linux Systems Administrator, is an authority on relevant Systems Administration subject matter knowledge, including security technologies, theories, or techniques (such as security frameworks and methodologies). Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Supports documentation, databases and reporting relating to assigned responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Installs, maintains, and upgrades OSs and applications for UNIX and Linux environments. Windows is a bonus.
- Manages file systems and configuration. Provides recommendations regarding system performance and capacity planning to include new technologies enhancing current methods and technologies.
- Understands/adheres to and implements overall security policies.
- Assists in development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding core infrastructure, including backup and restore procedures, load and performance monitoring, access permissions, hardware provisioning, hardware and software installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Assists with software release and monthly system maintenance.
- Performs troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Perform all hardware, software, and firmware upgrades.
- Perform security Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) patch actions as directed by the designated government Security Office.
- Monitors and audit system logs for system and network anomalies.
- Associates degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, with a minimum of 5 – 8 years relevant industry experience; 3 years additional experience may be substituted for Associates degree
- Experience in Red Hat Enterprise administration
- 5 years supporting highly available, customer-facing services in a large server environment
- Extensive experience with Apache, Tomcat, and other open source web server software
- Basic familiarity with relational databases, Oracle or MySQL
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP networking fundamentals
- Proficiency writing shell and/or Perl scripts
- Possess security certification (Security , etc.)
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- * The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI– or – must be capable of maintaining/obtaining a TS/SCI clearance by the end of the three month phase-in period of the contract**
- Strong background and experience working with relevant operating systems (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
- Experience in Red Hat Enterprise administration with knowledge of RHEL 6
- General administration of VMware, virtual servers, and virtual technologies including the concepts of HA (high-availability) and vMotion.
- Experience in SAN management.
- Experience in data backup and recovery.
- Experience with system applications monitoring and reporting to include performance and planning.
- Understanding of IT security architectures and third party integrations
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies
- Possess an industry certification in systems administration (Linux, Microsoft, etc.)
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top