System Software Developer Java
HPE Enterprise GroupTechnology Services is a global service provider and business integratordelivering solutions with speed, power, precision, and passion. HPEEnterprise Group is responsible for the development and delivery of the ITinfrastructure solutions at the core of the world’s largest and fastest growingorganizations, which includes servers, storage, networking, technologyservices, converged data center infrastructure, Telco and cloud solutions. Aspart of EG, Technology Services provides support and consulting services forHPE’s Enterprise products and solutions.
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Support of existing software applications including bug fixing and critical issues response.
- Analysis and design including requirement gathering and documentation.
- Customer and stakeholder communication.
- Providing technical assistance regarding the environment setup and configuration.
- Part of a Scrum team driving technical direction for the team and ensuring highest technical quality of the work.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 2-4 years experience
Experience and Skills
- Hons degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field
- 18 Months plus experience in an Agile software development organization.
- Excellent knowledge and considerable development experience with Java and Application Frameworks
- Familiarity and experience with Test Driven Development.
- Familiar with Tomcat application servers, creation of Spring web services and multi-threaded programming.
- Knowledge of version control systems (GitHub) and continuous integration engines (Jenkins) and container technologies such as Docker.
- Proficiency using IDEs such as Intellij \ Eclipse
- Knowledge of database structure and design.
- Understanding of software development lifecycles and methodologies with particular emphasis on Scrum development practices.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a tea
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top