System Manager - Technology Services
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Servers, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and developing new products, enhancements and updates and coordinating projects for systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Be and advocate for the customer and customer experience at all times. Strive to understand the business vision, then communicate and translate down into the team. Cascade ongoing communications from senior management and draw out the relevancy for the team and their role in the Organization
- Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving complex business/technical issues within established policies
- Builds partnerships with contractors, consultants, partners, internal and external stakeholders
- Strives for innovation
- Works with PM and PO to reduce and manage technical depth the team is responsible for
- Ability to work in a very distributed environment, understand cultural competency and know what it takes to leverage team work across multiple time zones
- Contributes to all aspects of Software Quality Assurance by being a quality advocate striving for best practice in processes, data driven and metric based decision making and closed loop analysis
- Holds the team accountable for their commitments to the customer, business, help them learn, adapt and grow
- Brings objective techniques for analysis to the table to help the team
- Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals for the organization
- Stays abreast of developments in the tools and technologies that the teams use
- Stays up to date on industry news. Be knowledgeable about developments from our company, our competitors, and our largest customers, including financial performance, market share, product roadmap, and overall business strategy
- Recruits and supports development of direct staff members
Education and Experience
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required. May have advanced university degree.
- Minimum 12 or more years of related work experience, including 0 – 5 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language
- Good understanding of the company’s policies and processes.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top