System Engineer - (Top Secret Clearance required)
Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
- Experience what it means to win as a professional.
- Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
- Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
- Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
- Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting the United States Strategic Command’s (USSTRATCOM) global mission––to deter, detect, and be prepared to defend against strategic attacks against the United States and our Allies––which depends on reliable, secure IT systems. The USSTRATCOM IT Capabilities Contract (ITCC) contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving USSTRATCOM set of missions. The major support areas in this contract are Program Management, IT Operations and Maintenance, Engineering, and Applications Support.
The ITCC Master Systems Engineer contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Ability to understand the customer’s business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity without unnecessary enhancements. Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of large enterprise or global solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines. Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium to large sized projects concurrently in various stages of their lifecycle or a large project full time. Ability to maintain the integrity of the proposed architecture to assure professional quality and logical consistency in the face of political and business pressures. Conversant with and able to apply multiple architectural, development and operational methodologies. Understands and applies IT industry acknowledged architectural modeling methods and tools. . Familiar with migration of applications to cloud/private cloud, and transformation of legacy applications. Develop and deliver presentations at senior levels for large, complex projects.
- Provides direction and control of various activities within the ITCC Engineering section (Services Engineers, Security Engineers, Configuration Management Activities, and Testing Activities).
- Encompasses multiple disciplines, including technology architects, solution architects, and enterprise architects
- Responsible for delivering business value to customer by architecting effective information systems solutions that address the customer’s business problems, needs and opportunities, in a manner consistent with HP’s strategic and business goals
- Responsible for assisting in the creation of a Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP)
- Works closely with client with regards to the communication of Systems Engineering processes and procedures
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks, methodologies, and tools plus understands how to apply this knowledge to successfully deliver IT infrastructure consistent with USSTRATCOM architectures and security requirements
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship at multiple levels both internally and with the customer by understanding the customer’s business context and their unique situation
- Collaborate with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs in order to facilitate the definition and development of the solution
- Collaborate with the Chief Architect/Engineer and PM to ensure effective and efficient design, development, delivery, deployment, operation and support for USSTRATCOM
- Collaborate with the account team to meet or exceed revenue, product, customer satisfaction and market share goals for assigned account(s)
- In-depth understanding of IT architectures and third party integrations
- Common understanding of the viewpoints and models required for the delivery of DoDAF Architecture Framework artifacts
- Strong communication (oral and written)
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or related Engineering field with over 12 years relevant industry experience
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Possess Security or equivalent certification
- Certification in various operating systems/technologies (Microsoft, Oracle, Linux, Virtual Environments, etc.)
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- TS Clearance w/SCI Eligibility
- * The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI – or – must be capable of maintaining/ obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. If the candidate does not have a top secret clearance, a minimum of a Secret security clearance is required to start work on-site for this contract. **
Knowledge and Skills:
- •Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills and ability to work effectively with a team
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills
- Ability to work in a complex ever changing environment with short turn around tasking internally and with the client
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top