System Administrator/Virtualization Administrator
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
The Healthcare Organization of HPE is seeking a Systems Administrator/Test Engineer in San Antonio, TX.
A System Administration Development and Testing Engineer assists with a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, Virtual Infrastructure deployment and enhancement, virtual server build and deployment, application installation and patching, server and application security setup. A System Administration Development and Testing Engineer focuses heavily on developing and testing new servers and enhancements for the virtual infrastructure.
Responsible for testing and development of systems for a large virtual infrastructure running VMWare VSphere 5.5 and 5.1.
- In depth knowledge of Vmware Heartbeat, Autodeploy, Host profiles, dvSwitches, storage clusters and performance tuning ESXi.
- vSphere problem determination and root cause analysis investigation
- Automating tasks with scripting and programing languages such as PowerShell
Creating and deploying automated software deployment packages.
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Strong knowledge of operating systems (Linux, Windows)
Ability to apply security setting requirements to new servers and applications
- Intermediate SQL skills (Oracle, DB2, MYSQL or MS SQL) is a plus
- Knowledge of multiple Storage vendor’s is a plus NetApp, EMC (VMAX,VNX)
- Advanced knowledge of Windows infrastructure architecture and concepts.
- Advanced knowledge data center management and process.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and associated technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of DR/BCP strategies (Knowledge of multiple methods of DR and DR testing)
- Intermediate knowledge of systems and application architectures.
- Assess adherence to process and compliances and implement plan to increase
- Promote a collaborative team environment to foster innovation & creativity
- Deliver excellence in Customer Service through situational analysis and timely resolution of problems/escalation
- Manage the assets and inventory through the asset life cycle
Technology Infrastructure experience
Virtualization experience using VMware’s products
Experience deploying ESX 5 clusters.
Solid understanding of networking technologies and their impact in a virtualized environment
Experience with Fibre-Channel SAN, iSCSI and NFS storage a plus
HP C7000 Bladesystem experience a plus
Experience applying DoD Security Standards to servers and applications (STIG)
Experience with MS Cluster support within a virtualized environment a plus
VCP Certification preferred
3rd party Certifications a plus (MSFT,CSCO,EMC,RHT)
Experience supporting complex technical environments
Ability to communicate and present ideas to technical staff and management concisely
Have or able to obtain a successful ADP II Public Trust Investigation adjudication
BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field/equivalent experience/certifications preferred
Experience with system administration
Have or able to obtain requisite DoD 8570 certifications
Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top