System Administrator (TS/SCI FS POLY Clearance)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has an immediate need in our US Public Sector Consulting Organization for a System Administrator in Ft Meade, MD.
This position supports a subcontract where we provide system, network, and storage administration support for Windows, UNIX and Linux to the Research Directorate where you will be exposed to leading-edge technologies. The project involves integrating various network, virtualization, and operating system components to create a next generation desktop platform for the customer.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
Essential Job Functions
The candidate selected for this job will require a 30- 50% travel commitment. Candidate must be willing to travel a minimum of two to six weeks per deployment to support world-wide OCONUS 24×7×365 operations. Candidate must also possess a qualifying DOD 8570 certification. Candidates with storage certification and experience preferred. The ideal candidate will possess experience to include:
- Practical application and troubleshooting experience with Windows systems that interface with Active Directory, Exchange and NetApp.
- Installing, configuring, upgrading and migrating Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 servers.
- Tier 1 support in an enterprise level, globally distributed environment. SYS ADMIN Level 1 preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and rapidly mastering new applications and technology
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well both independently and in teams
- Proven ability to multi-task and to prioritize rapidly-changing task assignments
Demonstrated experience with any of the following is a plus:
- SharePoint 2010 or 2013 development or administration
- Implementation of enterprise- wide virtualized systems using Citrix and/or VMWare technologies.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS technologies
Must have TS/SCI with Poly Clearance
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top