SWCR Senior Windows Engineer Specialist level
HewlettPackard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enablescustomers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensiveportfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, ourtechnology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient,more productive and more secure.
At HPE,you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash yourprofessional potential? You’ll use your experience and scientific knowledge todevelop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes.And you’ll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world’sbiggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
HPE Softwarehas a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to:deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetizecustomer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect andgovern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supportsits customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of softwaresolutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading theway.
HewlettPackard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have ameaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE bringstogether a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure toserve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents.HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive businessvalue, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learningdoes not only happen through training. Relationships are among the mostpowerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPEculture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will havemany opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities.You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning andmaximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program whichallows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generationworkforce.
As part ofthe HPE Infrastructure group the representative will be responsible of:
Theresolution of technical and business incidents independently. These are eitherproduced by system alerts, or thru, previously used monitoring tools
You will berequired to investigate and diagnose the incident accurately and effectively.Owning multiple incidents you will need to prioritize your response to theincident based on the Priority and Severity of the issue.
Be proactiveto anticipate issues or situations which impact service availability andcritical response time, and take necessary mitigation steps escalating tomanagement’s attention, where appropriate.
Goodawareness of the customers’ business and in-depth knowledge of the customer’senvironment and support processes.
- StrongExperience at Windows Administration with hands on at Cluster Technologies
- Stronghands-on with scripting and configuration management tool
- Worked onAutomation of Server Build (Unix/Linux) and developed automated solutions forserver support
- Demonstrate experience Active Directory, DNS, & DHCP
- Strongexperience on Citrix Technologies
- Troubleshoot hardware problems (multi-vendor) and work with remote data centerstaff
- Understand/participate in shipping and receiving
- Troubleshoot / Install Windows Server Operating systems
- Understand/ Participate in regular OS Patching Cycles & Server Hardening
- Performserver / hardware maintenance
- UnderstandNetwork Cabling & basic configuration of switches
- Demonstrate experience with performance measurement
- Demonstrate experience with RAID based storage
- Demonstrate experience with VMware
- MicrosoftSQL Server knowledge (SQL 2005/2008)
- Familiarity with IIS / Apache
- Familiarity with Security Best Practices
- Participate in an on call rotation to resolve after hours problems
- Scriptingability (vbscript, PowerShell) a plus
- StrongFamiliar with Security and Compliance standards
- StrongExperience in High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Apassionate drive to improve our IT Infrastructure and processes.
- Willing towork in different time zone
- HewlettPackard Enterprise Values:
Partnershipfirst: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long termrelationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias foraction: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovatorsat heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthroughadvancements
What do weoffer?
Extensive socialbenefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, makeHewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPEour goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantlyevolving career opportunities.
If you arelooking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, thenwe definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via ourCareers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can alsofind us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top