SWCR Infrastructure Services Solution Engineer R&D Expert Level
HewlettPackard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enablescustomers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensiveportfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, ourtechnology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient,more productive and more secure.
At HPE,you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash yourprofessional potential? You’ll use your experience and scientific knowledge todevelop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes.And you’ll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world’sbiggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
HPE Softwarehas a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to:deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetizecustomer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect andgovern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supportsits customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of softwaresolutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading theway.
InfrastructureServices Solutions Engineer R&D
HP SoftwareIS Lab Operations team is responsible for owning and managing R&D Lab DataCenters that house R&D Equipment for Development and Testing globally. Thisparticular role is for an Infrastructure Solution Engineer. The position willbe required to set direction for next generation of infrastructure, working inclose collaboration with geographically diversified team which are bothinternal to Lab Operations and outside in the various product developmentteams.
HP Softwareis a leading provider of IT Management and Enterprise Security products formanagement and risk mitigation in a hybrid environment. IT OperationsManagement (ITOM) is positioned to help IT move from being a cost center, responsiblefor Keeping The Lights On (KTLO) to an innovative business center. HP isradically changing the enterprise security landscape with its SecurityIntelligence and Risk Management (SIRM) platform.
- Linux –Installation, Administrations, Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting onmultiple distributions including RHEL, SUSE, Ubuntu.
- Windows –Installation, Administration, Troubleshooting of Operating System and ActiveDirectory Services.
- Virtualization – Installation, Configuration, Resource Tuning, andTroubleshooting of Vmware, vCloud, and OpenStack
- Compute –Installation and configuration Blades and Stand-alone servers.
- Storage& SAN – Installation, and Configuration of Enterprise Arrays (3PAR, EMC)and Storage Switches/Directors.
- Network –Familiarity with Networking including Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices, IPv6,Infoblox.
- SoftwareDevelopment Tools – Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting of SCM, Collaboration, Continuous Integrations, Code Reviewproducts.
- Scalability & Interoperability – Design and implementation of Scalabilityand Interoperability environment for product and performance testing.
- Bachelorsor Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Information Systems orequivalent.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in a Heterogeneous Compute Infrastructure – withEnterprise Servers (HP Preferred), Storage and Network in a Physical, Virtualand Hybrid Environment.
- 2 Yearsof experience in Windows System administration, in depth knowledge ofconfiguration management of Windows operating systems. Experience in Windows AD(Domain, DHCP, DNS, Domain GP).
- 2 Yearsof experience in Linux System administration, troubleshooting on multipledistribution, OpenLDAP, Active Directory authentication.
- 2 Yearsof experience with Storage & SAN Configuration with 3PAR (Preferred) or EMCVMAX and Storage Switches/Directors with Brocade (Preferred) or Cisco.
- ScriptingKnowledge (Perl, Python, and PowerShell).
- Experiencewith product compatibility and performance testing.
- Strongcommunication skills catered to a wide variety of audience (e.g. written,verbal, presentations) mastery in English and local language.
- Advancedmulti-tasking and prioritization skills
- Relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting
- HewlettPackard Enterprise Values:
Partnershipfirst: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long termrelationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias foraction: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovatorsat heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthroughadvancements
What do weoffer?
Extensivesocial benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and sharedvalues, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractiveemployers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-lifebalance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you arelooking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, thenwe definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via ourCareers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can alsofind us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top