Strategic Procurement Specialist (Japanese Speaking)
Strategic Procurement Specialist (Japanese Speaking)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
This role will be responsible for implementing category strategies for Infrastructure and Application Services by engaging standard approved 3 rd party labor suppliers that align with CL strategies. These strategies include Supplier Consolidation; cross functional Supplier Management and implementation of Standard Contracts. This IC will apply commodity knowledge to complex business issues, and will be regarded as a commodity specialist. Exercises independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives within Global Procurement and HPE. Acts as a specialist providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external suppliers and customers/clients and internal HPE Departments
Primary responsibilities include:
- Implement global strategies for Contingent Labor domains (focus: Infrastructure/Application Services) and provide functional improvements
- Negotiate complex/contentious/difficult deals
- Review all procurement requests for contractual conformance & compliance in accordance with established requirements
- Implements stakeholder management strategies
- Act as an "advocate for change" and assist in management of change issues with stakeholders and suppliers
- Foster close relationships within the Global Procurement community, networking to:
1) identify opportunities for needs consolidation and demand management to be incorporated into a global procurement strategy; and
2) gain information on standards, roadmaps, marketing direction, etc to ensure alignment with Global Procurement strategies
- Influence senior management and other key stakeholders to ensure sponsorship of procurement strategies and successful execution of plans
- Maintain industry specific knowledge
- Ensure that established business control standards are applied to all engagements
- Operate in fast-paced environment chartered with managing a multitude of diverse and complex procurement projects
- Considers how present policies, processes, and methods might be affected by future developments and trends
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 4-10 years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
- Proficient in English & Japanese language
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong understanding of procurement processes, industry, and suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities
- Basic Project Management Skills.
- Basic ability to develop suppliers
- Strong teamwork and basic leadership skills; basic influencing skills.
- Mastery in English
- Legal and commercial knowledge. The ability to create a contract using standard HPE contract templates with supervision. Applies cause and effect thinking to identify common contract risk areas.
- Capable of applying prepackaged contract solutions to obtain acceptable outcomes. Solid understanding of fundamental contracting principles.
- Good understanding of HPE business units and HPE business strategy.
- Strong business application skills.
- Knowledge of procurement tools and applications preferable but not essential
- Excellent cultural knowledge of supplier locations
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first : We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and others.
Bias for action : We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart : We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers You can also find us on: https://www.facebook.com/HPECareers https://twitter.com/HPE_Careers
Supply Chain & Operations
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top