Storage TSR (Technical Sales Rep)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
- Contribute to building of the pipeline by generating leads and referrals and building on existing company business within the account.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a basic understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Support account managers by responding to customer requests in specialty area.
- Offer up-selling suggestions to account managers new business opportunities within the account.
- Work with the client, particularly with procurement on contract renewals.
- Describe benefits of solutions, services, products, during selling process.
- May focus on growing contractual renewals for smaller, less complex accounts, to higher-total-contract value renewals; manage sales pipeline.
Scope and Impact:
- Selling role is typically transactional, however, should begin to grow business by expanding business in with contracts.
- Typically assigned lower than average quota.
- Limited customer interface; often works with experienced salesperson on customer visits.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Formal training program completed in specialty and/or >1 year quota carrying telesales experience.
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Typically 1-3 years of sales experience in the company or other relevant company in specialty sales.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Adequate knowledge of product, service, or solution to enable a sale.
- Can differentiate to some degree between own offerings and what competitors offer.
- Applies specialized technical product/service/solution knowledge to assess client’s business and identify opportunities to extend current business in the account.
- Use value-added selling skills to propose additional products, services, solutions which will contribute to customer’s business.
- Work as a member of the team in providing support and giving input regarding account opportunities.
- Contract renewal and extension facilitation skills.
- Have enough knowledge about a product, service or solution to be able to qualify a deal.
- Negotiation of profitable deals so that the company can expand opportunities based on existing business and increase footprint and revenue.
- Product demonstration, customer training, and product installation skills.
- Solid communication, presentation, and time management skills.
- All deals entered into Siebel.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top