Storage Support - L2
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers come join us!
Skills and experience:
The ideal CC Storage Support candidate has previous experience in effectively coping with a fast-paced, high-pressure role in a constantly changing business environment. S/he will have a strong focus on teamwork and have proven technical and communication skills.
A well rounded applicant would have a strong understanding of the following:
- HP Virtualization Concepts
- Fibre Channel Architecture and RAID concepts
- HP Storage Array Log Analysis and Troubleshooting
- Performance Analysis.
The applicant should have expertise supporting at least two operating / Virtualization systems listed below
- Microsoft Windows
- Hyper – V
The Real Time Collaboration Centre (RTCC) engineer is responsible for the complete resolution of complex problems in large enterprise level, mission critical storage environments. The candidate will provide expert level assistance to; TEC Engineers, Field Engineers, Escalation teams, Resellers/VARs as well as Customers. Responsibilities will also include Problem reproduction, Interface with product groups, QA and development engineers, Escalation and Elevation management, development of knowledge base and training material, mentoring of new engineers and training delivery.
Job specific responsibilities include working through complex HP Storage Array (EVA/MSA/NAS/3PAR) and SAN problems, troubleshooting through resolution. This may involve OS, Server HBA, SAN Switch, FC components and Storage Software which require a holistic troubleshooting approach. RTCC Engineer is expected to provide leadership in technical problem management and the resolution of issues, working closely with end customers and HP remote and field support staff.
RTCC Engineers are expected to participate in after-hours and Weekend remote support rosters. They are also expected to Identify and contribute to projects to improve product support, customer satisfaction and team efficiency. Technical writing skills will be required to publish Knowledge base articles or to communicate effectively with Technical and Non-Technical stakeholders. The candidate should be able to comfortably interact with colleagues from different countries and background (own team, members of SC and Product Divisions)
Attitude towards customer issues:
The RTCC Storage Engineer will be prepared to take full and absolute ownership of a customer’s technical problem until resolution. This will include keeping the customer informed in line with the commitments made in this respect. S/he will be creative, open minded & will be guided, but not hindered, by process in pursuit of a solution to a customer’s problem. The RTCC engineer’s primary mission is a quick complete solution or workaround for problem.
The jobholder must demonstrate:
- Willingness to grasp the opportunity to learn new technologies and methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of at least one Server OS environment.
- Keen interest in Storage/SAN and Server technologies.
- Systematic thinking
- Results focused
- Be motivated by new challenges/technology.
Customer Support Interpersonal Skills:
In dealing with Solutions Centre agents, Field personnel and customers from diverse geographies, a RTCC Storage Engineer is required to:
- Be professional in all modes of interaction with our internal & external customers.
- Be an excellent communicator who maintains composure with difficult customers, knowing how to guide a conversation positively and constructively.
- Be happy to talk directly to customers if this is the best way to solve an issue quickly.
- Be capable of making well founded decisions in high pressure situations & exercising diplomacy when operating in politically charged environments.
- Write technical information in understandable fashion.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with people who are not English native speakers
- actively listen and confirm problem details showing empathy for urgent situations
- Utilize effective negotiation skills which will lead to satisfactory case closure.
- Be able to show a positive credible face to the customer even when internal handling of an issue might be/have been less than ideal.
- What do we offer?
- Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
- If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Education and Experience Required:
Typically requires college level graduate or diploma in technical education .
Possession of professional certification within a technical field e.g: any storage certifications like SAN, Switch, EVA’s etc , Brocade (BCFP ) Will be an added advantage.
Provided or led in technical support of an IT environment preferably with minimum 2years experience in supporting servers , storage.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top