Storage Software Manager
Storage Software Manager
As a senior software architect you will be responsible for defining, designing, and optimizing a storage software architecture for high performance computing (HPC) applications. You will provide technical leadership to a small team of developers and will work closely with hardware architects to establish compatibility and optimize performance of proposed solutions. You will be responsible for producing periodic technical reports covering the work of the team and collaborating and communicating across the broader project team.
- Develops architectures and methodologies for software systems design and development across multiple platforms.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and outsourced development partner relationships for alignment with technology requirements and value.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members to set an example of software systems design and development innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Minimum 10+ years experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven experience (at least 5 years) in defining, designing and optimizing a storage architecture for HPC applications.
- Direct experience with distributed file systems such as Lustre or GPFS hierarchical storage managers, burst buffers, object storage architecture and technologies, HPC workflows, high performance interconnects.
- History of innovation with multiple patents or deployed solutions in the field of HPC software design.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Technical management and supervision experience of a small team strongly desired.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills, and mastery in English.
- Proven track record of peer-reviewed publications in the field strongly desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top