Storage Software Designer
Storage Software Designer
As a storage software designer you will work as a member of a small team tasked with developing storage software solutions for high performance computing (HPC) applications. In this role you will design, develop and optimize distributed filesystems, hierarchical storage managers, burst buffers, and distributed filesystem clients, and you will provide input for periodic technical reports based on your specific work subject area. You may also complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance and interact with users to define system requirements and/or modifications.
- Works with other software engineers and development partners responsible for the design and development of complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership and perspective.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 6-10 years experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven track record of software development skills, in particular Linux kernel drivers and low level system software, is required.
- Proven experience (at least 3 years) with development and optimization of distributed filesystems, hierarchical storage managers, burst buffers, and distributed filesystem clients
- Direct experience with HPC storage systems (such as Lustre, GPFS, CXFS, DDN, Panasas, etc.) is a plus
- HPC application experience in checkpointing and burst buffer usage is highly desired
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Evaluating forms and processes for software applications testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures and design proposals.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top