Storage Sales Intern
Hewlett Packard Enterprise recently separated from Hewlett Packard to form one of the largest technology companies worldwide, operating in over 170 countries and leading the market within several business units. Working for HPE is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated, proactive individual to contribute to driving the continued success of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Servers, Storage and Networking product range in the UK&I marketplace.
We offer a challenging 13 month internship program, which has been specifically designed to create the best out of our candidates; the role offers real responsibilities from day one. Working in a fast paced, professional and forward thinking environment. It will provide a perfect setting for those looking to develop invaluable experience they can take forward into a future career that involves face-to-face customer interaction. Throughout your placement you will be supported by mentors and senior management who will help you guide and grow you as an individual.
The successful candidate will be working as a member of the ‘Storage Team’ in either a commercial or global role, supporting the Management Team with the added responsibility for ensuring that sales campaigns, results and sales goals are tracked, executed, and effectively communicated. A successful individual will become involved, gain a good understanding in all aspects of the business whilst taking on additional responsibilities.
The core parts of this role are:
- Delivering ad-hoc indicator reports or researches, through analyzing data collected from sales activities
- Supporting specialists in order management, pricing & quoting.
- Management of CRM virtual platform (Salesforce) for the sales team.
- Engagement with partners to deliver pipeline for the sales team.
- Delivering forecast information that is critical to management.
- Contacting clients through the sales specialists (attending meetings)
- Organising Call out days and events internally & externally
- Ad-hoc support for the sales team
- Willingness and drive to win in a dynamic organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Professional Presentation
- Proficiency of Microsoft office tools
- Has a can do attitude and willingness to leave their comfort zone
Key Skills / Job Requirements:
- Demonstrate the drive and willingness to succeed in a conglomerate company, have strong organisational and communication skills with a good basic knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages.
- The candidate will be working closely with associated departments to support the business (i.e.: Marketing, Category, Channel, Sales) so will require strong interpersonal and communication skills. The individual must be able to work using their initiative, along with the guidance from the core team.
Applicants must be completing an undergraduate degree that requires (or has an option for) a year’s industrial placement. A Business, or related degree discipline is preferable but not required, however a target to achieve a 2.1 (based on results and/or predicted grades) is required.
In addition to the above educational requirements, students must be eligible to work in the UK and be available to commence the placement at the beginning of July 2016 for 13 months.
- A proactive, positive attitude with the ability to work either independently or as part of a cross functional team.
- Ability to work with numbers and understand connections in data.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and initiative are required.
- Flexibility in order to cope with several pieces of work at the same time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Confidence and willingness to offer ideas.
- Effective time management.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top