Storage and Back Up Administrator
Storage and Back Up Administrator
Working within the Infrastructure Services, Global Operations Center, and the Deep Technical Support Consultant is one of our most technically skilled people. With a deep understanding of IT infrastructure you will be involved in most aspects of keeping our customer’s servers, applications and hardware running smoothly. The position requires a good technical understanding of your specialty area and the ability to recover impacted services in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for fixing technically challenging problems to ensure that incidents do not reoccur. Applying your technical skills to change management and also ongoing maintenance of the customers IT Infrastructure, this is an ideal position for you to develop your skills and passion in IT to the next level. You will become experienced in operating a large scale, world class, global, 24/7 IT infrastructure. This is also a great foundation for your career within HPE and the wealth of opportunity within.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within IT Operations, infrastructure services support (Storage, Backups) operational monitoring and/or end user support.
- Minimum of 5 years’ hands-on technical knowledge of the applicable technology platform that you will be responsible for: Storage, Backup Products.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of ITSMITIL processes, preferably ITIL trained.
- Must be a Service and Customer orientated team player. Flexible, self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure in an International and culturally diverse organization.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Good motivational skills plus verbal and written communication skills, strong command of English Language. Must be additionally fluent in at least one of the common languages of the supported customer (dependent on region). Fluent in local languages advantageous.
- Soft Skills
- Strong interpersonal and telephony skills
- Team player. Ability to collaborate and cooperate with members of team and members of other teams
- Good communication skills, excellent written and spoken English skills and Customer centric focus.
- Understanding of 24×7 mission critical enterprise computing environments and the impact of service disruption on a company’s bottom line
- Ability to pro-actively learn new technology, processes and other skills
- Able to pro-actively search for solutions from knowledge bases, support documentation and other information.
- Keen interest in continual learning and professional development
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a timely manner with all customers, partners and users, internal and external
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks, problems and requests in a high pressure environment
Administration of one or more of the following technologies:
Backups – Technical Skills
- Backup and Storage HW and SW products
- Backup Exec
- Backup scheduling including restart and stop of backup sessions
- BRMS (AS/400 backup solution)
- Comm Vault
- Data Protector
- EMC Avamar
- EMC Legato Networker
- EVS backup
- File system permissions
- Hardware troubleshooting
- Restore of data
- TSM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Windows and Unix Processes
- Knowledge of HP OPENVIEW and HP OVO monitoring.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top