Storage Account Executive
Storage Account Executive
Develops and nurtures a strategic/mutually beneficial relationship with the partner or with a targeted set of resellers, distributors, Systems Integrators (SIs) and/or Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and their ecosystem partners to drive additional revenue with joint sales efforts. Coordinates all company activities with the partner, including education, marketing, executive briefings, business planning and client engagements. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside the company offices.
- Serves as the expert to the partner for a wide range of extremely complex information regarding product, services, and software transitions, promotions, and configurations.
- Integrates company offerings to become a key part of the partner's business and solutions; May be brought in by partner to sell company brand to end customers.
- Establishes and maintains account plans to promote sales growth
- Leverages partner solution stacks, partner intellectual property, and other capabilities (off-shore/near shore, etc.) to broaden the the company footprint in targeted industries and/or customers.
- Achieves assigned quota for company products, services and software
- Transactional and relationship selling within, and directing, a team of selling professionals; physically visits partner customers at their offices.
- Grow the company business overall and the company's share of business by developing deep strategic relationships with partners.
- Creates, fills-in and manages the company's funnel for deals with partners and transforms potential leads into joint sales activities.
- Actively engages company resources and senior executives to build strategic relationships with the partner which ensures long- term business opportunities for the company.
- Provides the business rationale and risk assessment for making company investments in the partner.
- Works with largest partners accounts with a high strategic value or high risk to the company.
- Ensures that partners are compliant with legal and SBC practices
- May drive SOW growth with distributors who are managing partners on behalf of company.
- May recruit and develop business relationship with new partners.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Typically 12+ years or more of selling experience at end-user account or partner level.
- Experience as successful account/business manager, selling to CxO and decision-maker level.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel. Dimensions include competitive positioning and business models.
- Deep understanding of the company's organization & operations, including key business rules, and alignment with company GBU go-to-market strategies, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives, structure and business model.
- Deep understanding of the company's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of company's offerings relative to competition, and overcome objections.
- Effectively sells company offerings by building strategic relationships with partner senior management, principles and decision makers; aligning partner and company processes; and promoting company programs and offerings.
- Develops strategic plans with the partner to grow the size of the business and company's share.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure coordinated efficient account management.
- Ability to motivate partner's sales force.
- Coordinates and directs efforts across company sales teams.
- Deep understanding of pipeline management discipline and ability to explain benefits to partners/sales teams.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top