Sr. Software Test Automation Engineer
Sr. Software Test Automation Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
We are currently looking for a Software Test Automation Engineer to join our growing Nimble Infra tools software team. As part of the Infra tools software team at HPE, you will work on storage management and integration projects, specifically in the area of storage software.
If you have the relevant experience, have a passion for quality and good software engineering practices, and enjoy working in a fast paced, highly rewarding environment, then HPE is the place for you. #CBHPE
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Help design and build new frameworks and tools used by the engineering organization
- Maintaining our existing infrastructure
- Identify database requirements by interviewing customers, evaluating existing systems and design proposed systems
- Maintain database performance
- Design, implement, and maintain complex engineering tools
- Leads multiple project teams of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong experience working on Linux based platforms
- Extensive Python programming experience
- Expertise developing test automation software
- 6+ years defining product testing strategies
- Ability to develop the process and test procedures for building complex storage systems
- Working experience developing and deploying test infrastructure
- Experience building and developing test automation for APIs and Web Services
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Experience with database development (MS SQL/MySQL) is a plus
- Proven experience developing automated test systems
- Experience working with GUI object recognition and customization
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming, design and debugging skills
- Excellent understanding of software design techniques
- Experience of source control systems and configuration management
- Basic level knowledge of XML and RDBMS concepts
- Experience in Agile development methodologies preferable
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top