Sr Software Engineer- Networking
Senior Software Engineer – Networking
About Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company
Aruba HPE is one of the hottest networking companies in Silicon Valley. We have grown more than 40% year-over-year. We continue to gain market share in the Wi-Fi space (at the expense of a large competitor on Tasman Drive). We have over 1200 employees as part of the HPE networking division but our culture remains to be same as a small company. Our small company culture empowers our employees to work on exciting, state of the art technology and allows them to be a part of a cool, growing company. Our division head Dominic Orr says “people work for impact, they want to have fun, and they want to get rewarded” and that is exactly what HPE Aruba represents.
Aruba is a leading provider of the next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise. Our high performance controller platforms is a key part of the solution. We are looking for a talented software engineer for the packet forwarding team to help develop and deliver the next generation solutions. The packet forwarding team is responsible for all forwarding features including stateful firewall, deep packet inspection, L4-L7 services, URL filtering, SDN and SDWAN.
Ideal candidates will have:
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience
- BSCS or equivalent (required) and MSCS or equivalent (desired)
- In-depth knowledge of L2/L3 forwarding and networking concepts
- Knowledge of switching and routing protocols
- Experience working in a Linux development environment
Experience in any of the following will be considered a plus:
- Background in development and debugging on embedded systems with multi-core network processors
- Experience developing any of the following features: Firewall, ACL, Multicast, VPN, IDS/IPS, WAN, SDN
- Knowledge of encryption and tunneling protocols
- Device driver and kernel experience
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
The EEO is the Law poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top