Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Why Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company?
Aruba HPE is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). In this role you will design, build and manage the infrastructure and technology powering our cloud service platform. The Senior SRE will be responsible for building and operating all aspects of our cloud based infrastructure with a focus on automation and tool development. This is a high impact role in a fast paced org that is experiencing massive client growth and runs on the most cutting edge AWS/GCE cloud based infrastructure. The Senior SRE should be able to balance competing priorities with attention to detail, should be a creative problem solver, should be naturally curious and driven to excellence; should be eager to learn about the rapidly evolving open source tools and platforms and use them as appropriate.
Our development and design approach assumes configuration as code. We want motivated high performers who can leverage brilliant ideas into automated configuration and deployment while troubleshooting and resolving any issues when automation doesn't work like it should. You'll be depended upon for advice regarding DevOps industry trends, key technologies as well as presenting at conferences and lots of Evangelism for DevOps at HPE.
- Provide leadership to a small but dynamic high performance team of engineers
- Think through hard problems in a cloud environment and drive solutions to reality
- Work in a dynamic & collaborative environment
- Build DevOps solutions using the latest technologies and tools
- Engage often with customers in all sorts of ways
- Participate in DevOps implementation/development projects
- DevOps Solutions & tools support (Engineering Level Support)
- Public Cloud cost optimization, tool selection etc.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 7+ years experience in Software Design, Development and Production Operations
- Experience leading Site Reliability Engineers or DevOps projects
- Experience managing Cloud Systems.
- Experience leading engineering teams in a technical capacity.
- 7+ years working in Linux environments (Ubuntu preferred)
- 5+ years building tools with at least one of the programming languages ( Python preferred)
- 5+ years' experience architecting and administering Databases (i.e Postgres, MySQL)
- 3+ years' experience with caching technologies (i.e. Memcache, MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience with system automation and deployment tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- 3-4 years in a customer facing role
- An understanding of modern build tools like Jenkins
- Experience with Openstack and Openstack management tools
- Experience with AWS and AWS provided tools (Cloud formation, OpsWorks etc.)
- Experience with monitoring/graphing tools (Sensu, graphite etc.)
- Experience with performance tuning and benchmarking for Cloud Systems
- Exposure to Big Data (Hadoop, Cassandra) big plus
- Experience working with vendors in a combination of the following: Cloud, SaaS, ISP, Managed Hosting and Datacenter space
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in highly complex network setups
- Customer facing experience a plus Excellent business communication and presentation skills.
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and deployment environments
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
- Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems
- Experience working with distributed remote teams is a plus
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top