Sr. QA Engineer
Sr. QA Engineer
Set and maintain quality standards for company products through the use of systematic processes. Develops, modifies, and executes software test strategies, plans and suites. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. May develop tools and environments to automate test execution. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Designs quality assurance and test processes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications, systems software, and firmware running on hardware, local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines test scripts, coding, automation, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into software and firmware architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software quality assurance engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable and cost- effective testing and quality assurance solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding test status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software quality assurance team for all phases of larger andmore-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using software quality assurance tools and processes.
- Software testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with design for software and firmware running on multiple platform types.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top