Sr. Manager DevOps - Cloud Services
Sr. Manager DevOps - Cloud Services
Cloud Services - Sr. Manager DevOps
Why Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company?
Aruba HPE is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Manager DevOps to provide leadership for Cloud Platform and Services Site Reliability Engineering team. The candidate will determine and pursue courses of action essential in accomplishing objectives. Champion large projects that affect the company's long-range goals and objectives.
This is the role for you if you are an excellent communicator, able to eliminate jargon when necessary, yet able to dive deep into technical details when working with development staff. You take complete ownership of the technical implementation of projects and ensure that no stone is left unturned to avoid risks. You take quality very seriously and work to quantify and evaluate new ways of measuring quality to ensure application uptime and a positive user experience, and that we continue to deliver excellent customer experiences. You care about the deployment process, continuous integration, and quality control.
- Provide leadership to a dynamic high performance team of Site Reliability Engineers
- Manage service delivery and website/systems reliability and scalability
- Think through hard problems in a cloud environment and drive solutions to reality
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives
- Build DevOps solutions using the latest technologies and tools
- Engage often with customers
- Participate in Cloud cost optimization & tool selection
- Assign and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that application development and deployment is done in the best possible way, and implement quality control and review systems throughout the development and deployment processes
- Maintain issue tracking and documentation systems and provide reporting that ensures proper tracking and visibility of issues and projects
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 10+ years experience in Software Design, Development and Production Operations
- Experience leading engineering teams in a technical capacity
- Deeply familiar with a variety of monitoring solutions (both server and web applications)
- 10+ years working in Linux environments (Ubuntu preferred)
- 10+ years building tools with at least one of the programming languages (Python preferred)
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
- Experience with system automation and deployment tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- 7+ years in a customer facing role
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management
- Experience working with quality management approaches and techniques
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
- Possesses high level understanding in the areas of web application programming, content management systems, API, databases, and system design
- 5+ years Experience working with distributed remote teams
- An understanding of modern build tools like Jenkins
- Strong Experience with Openstack and Openstack management tools
- Experience with AWS and AWS provided tools (Cloud formation, OpsWorks etc.)
- Experience with monitoring/graphing tools (Sensu, graphite etc.)
- Experience with performance tuning and benchmarking for Cloud Systems
- Exposure to Big Data (Hadoop, Cassandra, Couchbase ) big plus
- Experience working with vendors in a combination of the following: Cloud, SaaS, ISP, Managed Hosting and Datacenter space
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in highly complex network setups
- Customer facing experience a plus Excellent business communication and presentation skills.
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and deployment environments
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
- Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems
- Interact with high-level Individual Contributors, Managers, Directors, VP's & GM's.
Benefits you'll enjoy:
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
Log onto https://careers.arubanetworks.com/
In the KEYWORD box, type 1624845
Click on Senior Manager DevOps
Click APPLY and follow the simple steps to complete the application
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top