Sr. Hyperconverged Product Manager
Sr. Hyperconverged Product Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At HPE, you'll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You'll use your experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes. And you'll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world's biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us! #CBHPE
We are seeking a seasoned technical product manager, with experience in defining, developing, and launching Hyperconverged offerings, server products, and solutions, to join the team and grow our footprint in the space.
In this role you will manage the HyperConverged product/solution (PSS) life cycle. From an understanding of customer needs/insights, provides initial product/solution design, pricing, value proposition, messaging and/or whole product strategies (packaging, warranty, service, support), as well as forecasting through product introduction. Applies market and customer insights on customer experience requirements and brand loyalty to define the PSS experience requirements across all PSS components of the customer life cycle. Represents the voice of the customer with respect to PSS development/pricing, launch, refresh and obsolescence.
- Drive the definition of a product family/portfolio through R&D and Solutions teams.
- Determine appropriate product family positioning prior to introduction
- Determine initial product pricing strategy
- Advise peers, managers and PMs on the best way to implement Hyperconverged Infrastructure software delivery
- Interface with all key stakeholder constantly grooming continuous delivery backlog
- Size and roughly estimate work needed by each Agile Release Train
- Research and propose new solutions that would improve the Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Lead technology evaluations, and providing expertise in tools selection & project estimates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required due to dynamic nature of discussions with other engineering and product teams
- Lead the technical review component of software solutions
- Regularly meet with customers or partners during the sales process
- Product management experience with enterprise servers, storage and/or software products highly preferred
- Based on a strong knowledge of trends in the industry affect the strategy/direction of the product line/line of services or solutions.
- Suggest strategy changes internally and with external partners.
- Lead projects that involve cross- functional coordination to provide integrated products/services/ solutions.
- Improve processes affecting their workgroup and interfaces; e.g., forecast system, obsolesces process with retailers.
- Seen by sales team as an expert in the products/services/solutions and regularly is called on to defend the benefits in front of customers or partners.
Education and Experience Required:
- College degree in Marketing/Business/Technical.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 10 years in product marketing fundamentals.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in a general marketing function beyond Product Marketing.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top