Specialist DevOps Engineer
Specialist DevOps Engineer
- Provide insight and expertise that will directly influence and accelerate the organization's continued implementation and adoption of continuous delivery tools, processes, and culture
- Work will require interfacing with US resources at US Pacific time with at least one evening meeting each day.
- Some 24x7 on call support during non-US working hours
- Leverage scripting, frameworks, and modern tools to automate the provisioning of cloud infrastructure and security
- Collaborate with developers to build a robust build and deployment pipelines that
includes build, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Help define and drive the adoption of key aspects of the organization's
- Participate on a weekly on-call schedule to resolve any critical and urgent after
hours production incidents that are escalated.
- Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on software applications design and development.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 6-10 years of total experience
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with one or more configuration management and deployment tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible , or Saltstack
- At least 5 years of scripting and development skills with one more languages such as Ruby , Python, or Gol
- Experience designing, building, and automating the provisioning of large scale, highly available cloud infrastructure using tools such as Terraform ,CloudFormation, ARM, etc on AWS, Azure, or Private Cloud.
- Expertise with Linux
- Experience with automated infrastructure testing tools and frameworks
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as sensu , nagios, zabbix, etc
- Experience with microservice design and deployment environments
- Experience using and contributing to open source projects
- Experience with containers in non-production capacity.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience or understanding of software applications design tools and languages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of design for software applications running on multiple platform types.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top