Collaborates with customer IT executives and the Strategic Account sales team to quantify the business value of HPE products and solutions through opportunity analysis (both business and technical), solution planning and design and fostering client relationships. The role is focused on building/identifying technical solution for the client and preparing the technical/product/service part of the proposal.
- Participates in the opportunity analysis processes; gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer’s business requirements and account team strategy
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components; creates proof of concept where required
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines, test actions, potential challenges, etc. for the solution
- Provides technical support in proposals, presentations, product demonstrations, and other client communications
- Expert representing HPE as a technical expert with high level customers at Director and C level; shares knowledge in areas of expertise and links to related technology areas
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
- Actively identifies opportunities to assist peers globally in area of expertise (e.g., writing white-papers).
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
Candidate Selection Criteria / Ideal Experience:
- Technical University or Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred.
- Typically 7 years’ experience in technical consultative selling and account management
- Technical and solutions experience in appropriate industry.
- Sound knowledge of customer value chain and business requirements to create and propose solutions
- Financial services industry experience a bonus
- Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges at multiple levels of customer management.
- Strong communication skills
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top