Solution Architect - Technology Services Support
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At HPE, you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You’ll use your experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes. And you’ll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world’s biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
HPE Technology Services (TS) guides customers to the New Style of IT by transforming and supporting infrastructure that enables optimal business outcomes. Our vision is to be the undisputed leading provider of Enterprise Technology Services through our constant innovation and customers-for-life mindset. We advise our customers by helping align their IT strategy to business value. We transform their IT landscape and provide a safe journey for our customers on their way to the New Style of IT. We deliver agility and flexibility to our customers, while also ensuring security and stability, reducing risk and delivering unmatched value.
Solution Architect – Technology Services Support
Responsible for effectively applying technical knowledge to a sales situation and crafting solutions for customers with a focus on TS Support solutions. Establish and maintain a professional working relationship at multiple levels both internally and with the customer by developing a core understanding of the customer’s unique business needs and competitive challenges. Tailor solutions to meet the needs of the client, and interface with both internal and external industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solution and development. Revise solution designs as required to address client concerns and emergent opportunities/challenges. Collaborate with others in advancing client selection or internal acceptance of proposed solutions. Collaborate with others to address and resolve challenges posed in design to successful implementation. Respond to RFPs/RFIs to advance sales for HPE. Identify and leverage opportunities for solution standardization around HPE’s core technologies and architectures, and promote these throughout the organization. Creation of the financial models for the solutions designed, reflecting cost of service and customer pricing. Responsible for meeting or exceeding revenue, customer satisfaction, and market share goals for assigned account(s). Must be able to multi-task and work many different types of solution opportunities concurrently.
- Gather the data and client requirements needed to understand the scope of the solution. This may be an RFP, RFI, equipment list, desired Service Levels, site list, or other client provided documents.
- Leverage the expertise of Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) within HPE, to understand how the services will be delivered and the level of effort needed to perform the defined services.
- Create and present winning HPE oriented solutions focusing on the Technology Services Portfolio.
- Protect HPE’s profitability or margin within the context of solution designs.
- Build the financial model to account for all resources and costs associated with delivering and managing a specific solution.
- Coordinate and synthesize specialists’ input to advance internal and client acceptance of proposed design.
- Support effective/efficient implementation of proposed solution through active orientation of delivery personnel.
- Contribute as a team member to an operational, integration or application architecture, requirements, design, implementation, or on-going operations deliverables.
- Tailor HPE product and service offerings to architect solutions to meet customer needs.
- Maintain close communications with Sales and Delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- HP Hardware configuration/BoM knowledge (3Par, StoreOnce, ISS, CS).
- Strong sales & negotiation skills, ability to present proposals persuasively.
- Experience leading and working with virtual teams and in customer facing roles.
- An expert user of MS applications, such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to assemble, manipulate, and format data.
- An exceptional oral and written communicator in English and Spanish. Ability to write Statements of Work for small to medium size solutions in English.
- Able to function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a variety of individuals and perspectives.
- Requires business acumen and a deep understanding of the TS organization and our portfolio offerings.
- Ability to understand the customer’s business problem, need, or opportunity and to design a solution that appropriately addresses the business problem.
- Ability to create the design, development, deployment, and technical quality of small to medium IT-based solutions (typically within one technology or specialty area).
- Expected to work independently and effectively prioritizing and utilizing excellent time management skills.
- ATP Certification would be a plus.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
- Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other.
- Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity.
- Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top