Solution Architect – Hybrid Cloud PaaS/DevOps
Successful candidates will take a lead role in helping our customers understand, plan, and transform to hybrid cloud delivery models as part of the Hybrid IT Infrastructure Transformation Area. They will engage in delivery of consulting services and solutions across a wide range of clients, both in the public and private sectors. Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Consulting is a global consulting organization and the role is part of the EMEA Expert team for Hybrid Cloud.
You will contribute to HPE’s success by successfully delivering Hybrid Cloud projects and identifying and developing additional opportunities where HPE can help customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Helping customers develop their strategy and business case within the Hybrid Cloud PaaS/DevOps space.
- Drive technical discussions and workshops with customer stakeholders around Hybrid Cloud agile application development and operations.
- Identification of Cloud Native App PaaS usage and organizational transformation of App development.
- Working with customers on defining microservices concepts and architecture patterns for their cloud native application portfolio.
- Helping customers to define their Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment toolset and implementation of best practices.
- Support customers with guidance on agile software engineering principles.
- Working with the Project Manager to ensure the timely delivery of proposals and projects to high levels of quality that provide profitable business for HP and excellent customer satisfaction.
- Ownership of the overall business & technical solution for client proposals.
- Sharing knowledge and experience through formal and informal activities.
Candidates should have experience of working with customer stakeholders and decision makers and be able to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner appropriate for the audience and at all levels of the organisation. Strong written skills are important, as is demonstrating proficiency in consultative, workshop, presentation and facilitation skills.
We are recruiting candidates for projects across the EMEA geography therefore a genuine willingness to travel for relevant project work with our clients is essential
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You need to have significant experience of working in an IT consultancy environment. You should have broad and deep experience-based knowledge of hybrid cloud concepts, business models, and architectures gained through genuine involvement in the scoping, business case development, architecture, analysis, discovery, design and implementation on large scale, complex cloud programmes for enterprise customers.
You will be creative, positive, self-motivated, and should have experience of:
- Cloud Service & Deployment Models: Deep understanding of Cloud Service & Deployment Models such as IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Private Cloud, Public Cloud and Hybrid Cloud.
- Cloud Technologies: Cloud Infrastructures (e.g. HPE CloudSystem, OpenStack, Azure), Cloud Platforms (CloudFoundry, OpenShift) and the supporting technologies
- Applications & Workloads: Build, test, and release management and understanding of DevOps, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery toolset. Good understanding of microservices and workloads running on cloud environments and workload migration.
- Software Development: Experience in Software Development, Web Services, Database design an Security.
- Methodologies: Deep understanding of agile development and operations methodologies (e.g. DevOps, Scrum, Agile).
- Project Management: Contributing to programme & project plans, defining work packages & leading project team activities, defining responsibilities & dependencies, mitigating risks & issues.
- Proven Track Record in Cloud Application Development and complex Cloud projects.
Candidates should possess an awareness of the competitive landscape and preferably hold certifications within relevant product groups. You should be able to explain the complexities and implications that arise from different design and methodology options and articulate & prioritise them amidst other decisions and options facing our clients
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top