Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
We are looking for a NDS Information Systems Architect who will:
- Architect custom solutions of project and program or operational scope.
- Architect reusable solutions of project or operational scope.
- Customize reusable solutions of project and program or operational scope.
- Capture and share architectural IP at the project and program level.Oversee the implementation and governance of architectures of project and program or operational scope.
- Contribute to the Architect profession worldwide and across company businesses.
- Develop for client technically feasible long-term Information Technology (IT) strategies and plans
- Assess business impact of specific technologies/strategies
- Identify and address technical or operational risks
- Provide review/input on project activities for medium to large business unit level projects
- Collaborates with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for medium to large business unit level projects.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations at Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/Executive Staff/Core I/O Only (CIO) levels for medium to large opportunities (R) Leads large projects within a business unit and contributes to cross business unit projects. Works with Vice President (VP) level executives and their direct reports. Contributes to industry wide external events and multivendor projects. Has tactical influence.
Education and Experience Required:
- Industry experience: Telecommunication Services and Core Network infrastructure
- 5 years to 10 years Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
- Ability to lead a team of two or more consultants in the completion of one or more architecture, requirements, operational, or implementation deliverables. Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of medium to large business unit level Information Technology (IT) based solutions (typically within multiple technology or specialty areas).
- Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium sized projects concurrently. For larger engagements, a single active project is reasonable.
- Understands and applies information system or operational solution related modeling methods and tools.
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets technical requirements and specifications
- Applies appropriate methodologies and Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge to resolve complex business issues. Business Acumen:
- Identifies risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution based on similar efforts done with other customers.
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into specific technology or operational recommendations.
- Ability to apply business management and financial concepts, capital investment, financial modeling, and general aspects of business contracts. Use this knowledge to analyze business needs and develop meaningful system or operational recommendations.
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers. Technical:
- Industry knowledge in: GSM, UMTS, IMS and NGIN, SIP, ISUP, VoIP
- Proficiency with Linux, MessageBrokers, EnterpriseDB, SOA, scripts, HTML, Java/J2EE, C++
- Knowledge in the following areas will constitute an added advantage:
- IoT Protocols and standards such as LWM2M, MQTT, ZigBee, OMA-DM, OneM2M, 6LoWPAN, SMPP
- IoT domains/verticals such as SmartGRID/SmartCity, Automotive/Connected Cars
- Understands future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business requirements ("trusted advisor" role).
- Deep knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices in specific areas and how to apply them appropriately in solutions
- Expert or Master level of knowledge of specific technologies, IT operations, or IT disciplines
- Able to design planning for accessibility, scalability, and availability Engagement
- Ability to write Statements of Work for medium to large business unit level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for medium to large business unit level projects.
- Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization).
Opportunity Pursuit :
- Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for medium to large opportunities.
- Lead in identifying, qualifying, and closing medium to large opportunities
- Position company offering against the competition
- Be able to provide company with voice of the account
- Play key role in preparing proposals and bids for medium to large opportunities
- Manage internal reviews and contribute to Solution Opportunity Approval and Review (SOAR) process for medium to large opportunities
- Build rapport and trust with client
- Demonstrates excellent consultative, solution selling skills. Leadership
- Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage regional medium to large projects as necessary. For architectures of project scope may include the technical management of customer staff assigned to implementation team.
- Plays a leading role in the Architect profession at the local level.
- Makes consistent and ongoing contributions (at least 2 per year) to company knowledge systems.
- Make formal recommendations to customers to improve the level of job satisfaction for other company employees working on the project.
- Can contribute in the development of new company services and modifications to the methodology.
- Assists in development and delivery of training.
- Coaches and mentors Specialist level architects
- Participates in defining company unit's processes, standards, and policies Consulting:
- Build and manage long term strategic relationships at Business Unit leader and Core I/O Only (CIO), Configure to Order (w/0D1) (CTO) level.
- Good customer influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to tactically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
- Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a trustable image.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems or issues into understandable business terms.
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's senior level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including senior level management.
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates a mix of Strategic information and Tactical information.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
- Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
- Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
- Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top