Solution Architect - Big Data
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
What’s most important is that you’ve arrived at this place in your career because you were hands on and have spent time in the technical weeds. You’re the best at what you do and you have a pedigree of previous organizations where you’ve used your talent to make the business operate more efficiently with increased stability and the ability to scale out as data consumption grows.
You’re a senior data engineer with a business acumen; you’re technical savvy can see through the collection of shiny objects and find the best solution to a problem; you’ve been there before and have righted many ships – you’re a renaissance technologist! Not to mention your solid consulting background and impeccable written and verbal communication skills. If this is you, you may have exactly the skills and passion we’re looking for.
- Leads a Data Engineering (DE) Team supporting one or more application projects, or responsible for a discrete data consulting engagement.
- Works collaboratively with the other teams including Program/ Project manager and architects to ensure project success.
- Engage and collaborate with the infrastructure teams to ensure delivery of data related infrastructure components.
- Ensure integration of DE deliverables with other project deliverables.
- Collaborates with the Program/ Project manager to plan and manage the DE activities and deliverables.
- Mentors less experienced DE team members.
- Leads discussion with customers and peers to collect and analyze data requirements.
- Develops or enhances the DE best practices, contributes innovative ideas to the DE knowledge base.
- Contributes to the leadership and ongoing development of at least one DE community.
- Actively participates in multiple DE communities.
- Frequently contributes to discussions, forums and knowledge base.
- Provides leadership to peers, management and customers in relation to data engineering principles, technologies, methods and best practices across a broad spectrum of DE disciplines. Develops internal white papers or technical presentations.
- Participates in solution development for more complex deals.
- Participates in client meetings and presentations and leads the discussion and presentation of data and information management material.
- Uses DE solutioning guidelines, templates and estimating tools to develop solution input for more complex data solutions / as a component of a large solution / for a large standalone data solution or more data functions within a small to medium solution.
- Proactively supports application teams.
- Provides advice on complex application data issues.
- Participates in project technical reviews.
- Leads work product reviews.
- Ensures database support documentation is developed and maintained.
- Designs database monitoring solutions and assists others in monitoring and proactively anticipating or identifying issues.
- Takes ownership of highly complex or critical database incidents and problems and provides resolutions in a timely manner.
- Engages SMEs or vendors to provide assistance to resolve more complex incidents as required.
- Applies technical knowledge of technology and industry trends to lead development, implementation and maintenance of complex data solutions.
- Leads the resolution of complex data problems for large/ complex projects.
- Elicit review, and validate data requirements, including: Data integration (ETL, EAI, web services), Meta data, Modeling (Conceptual, Logical, Physical), Data delivery, and Business intelligence. Designs the data architecture and data integration layers.
- Ensures the integration of the data and information components of a solution and the alignment of information resources to the enterprise strategies and architectures.
- Develops the Enterprise Data Model and collaborates with Enterprise Architects in the creation and maintenance of processes and standards for the Enterprise Data Model.
Provides Technical Leadership and use technology trends to:
- Educate the client on leading-edge technology alternatives.
- Solve technical issues that junior members of the team are unable to address.
- Provide design leadership and approve solution architecture intended to address the client’s needs.
- Work with and integrate or plan exit strategies for a client’s legacy platforms.
- Interpret biases among the different technical worlds.
- Enable the client to make informed decisions.
- Reviews data components of solutions and proposals.
- Participates in deal technical reviews.
- Typically 10 years Enterprise Data Warehouse Design/development and implementation including:
- Leading onshore and offshore teams through full, long-term, large data warehouse implementations for over 15 Fortune 500 Clients in one or many industries: transportation/hospitality, finance, healthcare, manufacturing, Telco and retail
- Business requirements gathering
- Logical/Physical (Teradata) modeling – ERWin – 3nf, star, snowflake
- ETL architecture/development and deployment – using SQL and ETL tools (IBM Data Stage, Informatica)
- Hands-on Columnar Database Experience such as Vertica, Redshift, ParAccel, Netezza, Teradata
- Hands-on Big Data Technologies Experience such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Report Design – Semantic BI layer creation – Developed front-end reporting systems in several BI tools – Micro Strategy, Business Objects, Brio, Tableau, Qlikview, Looker
- Exposure to statistical analysis and machine learning tools such as R and Mahout
- Testing strategies and implementations
- Database/Query tuning
- Well-versed in Production control
- Manage and setup of Greenfield data warehouse environments
- Design and implement analytical applications
- Experience in Reporting system rollouts and EDW marketing plans
- Participate in Pre-sales and Proof of Concept efforts
- Ansi SQL- Level 5 Expert
- Unix, Cobol, MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Science/Engineering
- Experience in one or more relevant enterprise level technologies
- Track record in deploying these technologies into Customer environments
- Strong technical knowledge including Software implementation lifecycles
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Good documentation skills and high attention to detail
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top