Software Security Sales Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure
About HPE Enterprise Security Products
HPE Enterprise Security Products (ESP) is a leading provider of security and compliance solutions for modern enterprises that want to mitigate risk in their hybrid environments and defend against advanced threats. Based on market leading products – ArcSight (security information and event management), Fortify (application security), and TippingPoint (network and Cloud security), and Atalla (payments and data security) – the HPE Enterprise Security Products are singularly positioned to provide the most comprehensive Security Intelligence and Risk Management platform on the market, which uniquely delivers the advanced correlation, application protection, and network defense technology to protect today’s applications and IT infrastructures from sophisticated cyber threats.
- Attain consistent quarter over quarter growth by developing long term pipeline to increase HPE’s market share in the security arena.
- Use personal expertise to seek out new opportunities for HPE ESP solutions by identifying customer value, expanding and enhancing existing footprint as well as new whitespace opportunities to build the pipeline.
- Be adept at selling to LOB’s and as well as Corporate IT. Set direction for business development and solution replication.
- Experience in selling complex solutions to large enterprise customers in a consultative manner
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, from the C-level to the Operational level, developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Maintain and use overall cross-portfolio knowledge to support account leads with integration of solutions.
- Contribute to enduring executive relationships that establish HPE’ consultative professionalism and promote its total solution capabilities
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels – new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO’s, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
- Maintains broad market and competitor knowledge to ensure credibility with Customer Executives
- Creates and grows reference customers
Scope and Impact
- Cover pre-defined Strategic Accounts to provide greater strategic (long term) value to HPE
- Utilize SME, Specialist and Pan-HPE resources for access, identifying and progressing opportunities
- Work with business partners including System Integrators and Valued Added Resellers (VAR)
- Significant percentage of time spent directly with customer interfaces of all levels.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree; Advanced University or MBA preferred.
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Seven (7) years’ experience of successful software sales to defined set of Strategic, multi-national accounts.
- Security sales experience highly preferred
- Experience selling a portfolio of solutions includes multiple, diverse set of selling responsibilities
- Demonstrated, verifiable achievement of consistent, over quota attainment.
- Viewed as expert in given field by company and customer
- Project management skills required.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Is considered a master in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings to be able to sell large, complex solutions.
- Know strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in account and how to leverage this knowledge in the account.
- Uses expertise in specialty, consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the client’s business needs with solution.
- In-depth knowledge of client’s business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure.
- Considerable knowledge of the customer’s infrastructure and architecture.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving full portfolio including hardware, software and services needed for the customer’s requirements.
- Strategic planning on a business development level; can build an effective business case reflecting the value of an appropriate strategy.
- Balance strategic and tactical pursuits to optimize coverage and develop a predictable revenue stream.
- Uses C-level engagement skills in collaboration with account leads to offer value-add solutions to the client.
- Excellent project oversight skills.
- Works with the account team to build an effective account plan and strategy to drive incremental revenue in the account.
- Utilizes SFDC as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
- Successful partner engagement experience. Works effectively with our partners to drive additional revenue.
- Understand and sells high value software solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to leverage HP’s portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Understands the leverage of services as part of strategic portfolio of products. Promotes services as part of all strategic opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top