Software Release Administrator
Software Release Administrator
The Product Structure, Pricing & Licensing team in HPE facilitates the product enablement and fulfillment setup process of software product licenses and media throughout the software supply chain. In the team, you will be responsible for working with the product teams and representatives from the Value Delivery Chain to structure and setup the fulfillment of software product licenses and media. This position provides world-wide assistance to the Release Managers leading and managing all the aspects of the product life cycle. The responsibilities include, but will not be limited to the following: electronic product set up and factory set up activities, software bit submittal, licensing mapping, obsolescence, export/import classification set up, manage product related escalations for HP internal or customer related issues.
Your work will drive the customer experience and will have an immediate contribution to customer satisfaction. The job requires you to work with colleagues in the USA as well as in Europe and Asia Pacific. Candidates are expected to be flexible with regards to their work schedule and be available for meetings outside regular local business hours.
- Coordinates the software setup related to engineering programs through day-to-day follow up on project/program road maps. Ensures the deadlines are met and day-to-day functions of programs and related projects take place as required.
- Works with internal engineering, marketing and manufacturing procurement for the setup of single or multiple products.
- Ability to apply intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems/projects of moderately complex scope. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Communicates tactical process decisions and plans, project status, issues and workarounds, in order to achieve alignment with relevant areas of the business or function
- Represents the needs of the business, function or region on an ongoing basis to drive process improvements
- Collaborates with operational teams and business stakeholders to gather business requirements, supporting the design of new or improved processes of medium to high complexity and understand business/customer impact
- Establishes processes which are consistent with overall organization objectives and maintains process documentation
- Contributes to business or function wide processes/programs that impact multiple business units and/or countries
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree in computer engineering, computer science or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree
- Product lifecycle or Release Management experience is a plus
- SQL Database or database language familiarity is a plus
- Typically 3-5 years of related experience in IT/business operations
- Typically 1-2 years of project management experience
- Quality improvement training is a plus
Knowledge and Skills Required
- In-depth knowledge of operations processes, industry trends and customer/partner requirements
- In-depth understanding of core HP businesses and the revenue cycle
- Proven knowledge of and experience with managing software product releases and supply chain setup
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), leadership and influence skills. Mastery in English
- Strong business experience in multiple process areas with excellent project management and process development skills
- Strong project management skills in the area of planning, execution and implementation
- Solid financial and business acumen
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results
- Project Leadership & Troubleshooting: Actively work to resolve project challenges and facilitate knowledge transfer between team members focused on shared objectives
- Technical Breadth/Depth: Demonstrates motivation to build deeper technical depth in area-of-expertise, and improve that knowledge base through understanding of associated areas
- Customer-Centric Focus: Ensures that a positive customer experience informs both the approach to work, the quality demonstrated, and the endpoint for measuring success
- Thought Leadership: Understands how businesses operate and uses this context to drive innovation and ethical decision-making
- Change Management: Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
- Program Execution: Applies understanding of project/program requirements to execute day-to-day implementation
- Program Tracking and Reporting: Continuously mines program data to assess overall contribution of program to business success
- Program Troubleshooting: Resolve program issues quickly to maintain client satisfaction while protecting HP's interests
- Stakeholder Negotiation & Commitment Building: Collaborates effectively with other to ensure shared commitment to an enterprise and mutually beneficial results
- Compensation Acumen: Understands compensation, its role in maintaining performance excellence and how its systematic application contributes to HP business success
- Process Management & Transformation: Identifies process short-comings and works with others to improve or transform processes.
- Problem Solving: Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top