Software Product Manager - HP Server Automation
Software Product Manager – HP Server Automation
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed As Product Manager of HP Server Automation at HP Software, you will be the virtual CEO of your product line and have full accountability over the success of your portfolio. You will own all aspects of the product, including: revenue, gross margin, customer growth, product vision, product roadmap and strategic initiatives. You will drive product line strategy, innovation and evolution to build a best-in-class offering. Your objective is to profitably grow the product at targeted rates.
Your performance will be visible at the highest levels of the company, including the Business Unit General Managers and the SVP ITOM HP Software. This role reports to the Director of Products HP Software. This position offers the unique opportunity to lead the strategy, innovation and evolution of a key HP Software product line.
In your role as a Product Manager, you will work across functional teams to create and execute your vision for the product, routinely collaborating with and influencing colleagues in Product Development, Engineering, Marketing and Sales.
- Product Business Planning – Establish the product value proposition and vision, strategy and go-to-market (GTM) plan as basis for a strategic forecast
- Define the total attainable market, size, growth, pricing strategy and profitability
- Understand market position – why we win, why we lose, manage the analyst rating
- Influence the GTM approach- direct/ indirect/ channel/ HP on HP
- Agree marketing strategy – demand generation, funding, and pipeline targets by channel
- Fiscal planning – current and future year budget plan, forecast, growth expectations
- Product Lifecycle Management – Engage closely with the engineering team to bring product to market in a reasonable timeframe and end of life products when appropriate
- Communicate the product strategy and gain support among Business Unit and Functional Teams
- Integrate usability studies into product requirements to make sure the products meet and exceeds market demand
- Write specifications, prioritize new features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers. Ensure consistent delivery of user- centric experiences developed with measurable goals, grounded in needs, supported by data, in an iterative fashion
- Facilitate communication and work collaboratively throughout the development process between a variety of internal teams including business development, marketing, sales, customer support, and executives
- Serve as an unwavering champion for your product line and your customers
- Business Plan Execution
- Manage fiscal year results by quarter, closely monitoring and implementing demand generation plan e.g. investments needed, requisitions
- Monitor achievement against forecast
- Drive leading indicators (e.g., pipeline build) to achieve the forecast
- Identify and advocate for investments to enable each RTM
Key Competencies & Accomplishments
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of launching and growing products in the Enterprise and/or SaaS space. You should be an exceptional communicator with proven ability to manage cross-functional teams through influence. In addition, you should demonstrate keen ability to express and evaluate opportunities with quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- A flexible and “high energy” individual who thrives on hard work and tough challenges
- Externally focused with very strong determination to win in the market
- Self-confident with the ability to challenge and be challenged
- Open, candid and persuasive in your style, engendering trust and confidence internally, with customers and other industry and market contacts
- Seamless in building strong working relationships with the Executive team members and Software colleagues
- Both technically oriented – ability to communicate and deeply engage with Engineering and Product Development teams and business competent – aware of trends and impact on market, able to engage with and support Sales and Product Marketing teams
- Highly effective negotiator
- Credible with customers, analysts – to be the external face of the product
Education and Experience
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required. May have advanced university degree.
- Minimum 15 or more years of related work experience.
- Trained and experienced in SAFe.
- Training and experience leveraging Pragmatic Marketing methodology.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top