Software Product Engineer
Software Product Engineer
As the Engineering and Quality organization of the HPE EG Software Supply Chain, we are committed to optimizing speed, efficiency, cost, quality, and delivery of all software solutions through the development, use, and proliferation of foundational processes and tools, while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for meeting New Product Introduction deliverables that ensure on time delivery of products to our customers. This includes product structure, ordering rules, product setup in HPE systems and factories, licensing setup, export classification, digital asset delivery and management, and physical product verification.
- Understand and execute against the Supply Chain Plan of Record
- Utilize consistent, repeatable and cost effective processes in delivering our products to market and perform CPE activities
- Improve quality and TCE by reducing warranty costs, event rate, post ship issues and escalations through Product Engineer involvement and Quality Verification Check (QVC)
- Review specifications/designs and implement plans/tests to ensure product quality
- Utilize electronic and automated delivery processes to maintain and/or reduce time to market delivery
- Work with third party vendors for software/license fulfillment including development of new capabilities
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Typically 4-6 years experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working on problems/projects of moderately complex scope
- Working knowledge in web management, including internet, intranet, and portal technologies
- Experience with web delivery tools and processes
- Experience with software release, manufacturing and distribution processes
- General Product Engineering knowledge which includes product structure, set up, and delivery
- Familiarity with Product Life Cycle
- Familiarity with software standards, including versioning, ISO 9660 standards, and multi OS
- Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision or guidance
- Ability to effectively and creatively solve problems
- Project management skills
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top