Software Licensing Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
The License Management Organization (LMO) ensures the contract and license compliance of HPE Software clients, by working with them in the domain of Software Asset Management. It recuperates hidden or missing revenue for HPE by conducting various types of reviews like contract End-of-Term certifications, third-party audits, Customer self-reviews and Intellectual Property reviews. The Software Licensing Specialist role sits within the Global Service Delivery unit which is primarily responsible for conducting Customer self-reviews and developing technical methodologies for the same.
The Software Licensing Specialist will be responsible for:
- delivering services like license entitlement analysis, assisting clients in usage data collection, software deployment analysis, and reconciling entitlements to deployments; working with an HPE internal team of analysts who will support the services;
- developing and maintaining the relevant knowledge base and methodology for auditing various HPE Software solutions, along with the LMO Operations product team.
The principal goals are:
- Meeting regional compliance revenue targets;
- Number of services and quality of data delivered;
- Delivery against a Service Level Agreement with internal clients;
- Audit methodology maintenance and improvements.
The specific tasks shall be:
- Determining the client’s licensed rights and actual usage of HPE software;
- Producing a report reconciling the software usage to the entitlements;
- Having this table validated by the client.
Regular contacts would be with:
- HPE clients to gather the required usage data and to obtain their approval on the Reconciliation Report.
- LMO License Managers (internal clients), who are responsible for the overall audit process and notably the gap resolution phase, to provide them technical support as needed.
- Global Data Analysis Center (GDAC) analysts, to have the data analyzed, to ensure the quality of the analysis and to finalize the reconciliation reports.
- LMO Operations product team, to develop, maintain and improve the product audit methodologies.
The Software Licensing Specialist will have to ensure that their tasks adhere to these standards:
- The review process and all communication should be kept simple and easy for the clients;
- There should be minimum client friction – tight integration with LMO License Managers;
- The best current available techniques must be leveraged in order to drive an overall standard of understanding what software a client is currently using, has historically used and has currently installed;
- The exactitude and exhaustiveness of data gathered and analyzed must be assured to support the License Managers in the resolution of any findings identified.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant University level degree (Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, etc.);
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel usage, knowledge of databases and/or scripting is an added advantage;
- Typically 1-2 years of total work experience, with ability to handle sensitive client-facing interactions;
- Specific experience in Software Asset Management ad or IT Forensics is desirable;
- Languages: Fluent English, knowledge of major European language like German is a plus.
The role is based in our Bracknell, UK offices but occasional on-site travel to client locations within Europe and to other global HPE locations may be required.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top