Software Engineer – Networking Applications
Software Engineer – Networking Applications
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on design and development of Network Analytics Engine and various other network programmability and troubleshooting advanced application for our next-generation campus operating system. As a senior software developer, you will be working on Golang based software applications that intend to bring unpreceded visibility, programmability, and proactive manageability to campus network fabric. . If you have knack for networking applications software and can design and develop excellent quality code of high complexity, this might be a perfect opportunity for you.
- Design, code, and test networking applications for next-gen campus Network Operating System (NOS)
- Ability to understand customer requirements and translate them into software design and test requirements
- Design, develop, and test highly available, scalable, and distributed software systems
- Utilize the latest industry standard design & implementation tools and frameworks to develop and test world-class software
- Comfortable working in a fast moving agile and DevOps based dynamic product development environment
- Benchmark applications and services performance and design scalable and performant systems and APIs
- Collaborates and communicates with tech leads, architects, management, internal, and other development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Document and publish requirement, design, functional specifications, test plans, and test cases for use by internal teams
- Develop unit tests, automated feature and component tests, and tests integration into product continuous integration environment
- Support HPE program/project managers and account leadership during technical design sessions, demo's, and other meetings with the customer as needed
- Expert level programming experience in one or more of following languages: Go lang, C, C++, Java
- Experience with web-servers such as Nginx and web-technologies such as REST services, data binding, JSON, XML, WebSockets, etc.
- Good knowledge of Enterprise Networking
- Strong software architecture and design skills
- Embedded software development experience is a plus
- Knowledge of control plane and management protocols such as SNMP, Openflow, sFlow, NetConf, etc. is a plus
- Prior programming experience in Go lang and Python is a plus
- Experience with full software development lifecycles, processes and best practices
- Knowledge of modern software DevOps tools and processes such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Logical problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly – both written and verbal communication
- Ability to coach and mentor junior engineers
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships with those outside one's own work group
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 3-6 years of relevant software development work experience
Benefits you'll enjoy:
At Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, we offer an exciting and fun work culture, driving innovation, collaboration, and growth. We place our customers first, deliver some of the most innovative technologies to the market, and have fun doing it all! Come join our team and be part of an exciting organization poised for success!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today — we are eager to learn more about you! We have dozens of openings, so encourage your friends to apply as well!
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top