Software Engineer - Network R&D
Want to work on something really different and exciting? How about building a new and modern networking system stack for Next Generation Unified Wired & Wireless architecture in campus networking. Come and join the newest team in HP Networking and unleash your imagination. You would bring the desire to be part of an advanced team at the forefront of modern systems development that will deliver
the product ideas and innovative technologies that will be at the core of the future of networking. This is a great place to demonstrate and grow design and development skills in an interdisciplinary environment with other smart people – and have lots of fun doing it.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Collaborates and communicates with cross functional engineering teams for all phases of software development.
Education and Experience
- BS or MS with equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline.
- 1-2 years of experience as software developer.
- Proficiency with C/C /Python/Golang.
- Familiarity with the art and science of high performance implementation of various protocols in TCP/IP stack
- Experience using software applications design tools, source control tools, build environments, and languages.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing software applications running on multiple platform types.
- Software applications testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
- Great communication skills and an ability to work successfully independently, or as part of teams, across groups and locations in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers, technicians and external design partners.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top