Software Engineer in Java
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way
- Own and drive resolution of current product technical issues.
- Provide high quality defect fixes and new features.
- Developing enhancement requests coming from customers.
- Handling Incidents from live systems, debug, analyze and provide a fix.
- Communicate with the customers and understand their needs and priorities.
- Have multiple interfaces with other R&D and QA groups in HP.
- Visiting customer sites (Optional)
- Ability to train customer support administrators (Optional)
- Ensure on time release of high quality product patches.
- Contribute to patch process improvement initiatives.
- Deliver excellent customer experience and meet HP Software CPE metrics. .
- Communicate high impact product issues and customer experiences to development team in order to improve quality of future product release
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- 5-9 years of experience
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate (both written & verbal) and share solution with CPE and development engineers, HP Support and customers.
- Ability to multi-task among various tasks and escalations and work under high pressure environment.
- Experience working directly with challenging, demanding support engineers and customers
- Development and troubleshooting experience Linux, Unix, Windows.
- Strong teamwork and with cross teams in other groups and products for integrations issues.
- Be able to work with a local team and a remote manager (Ability to give clear status, to be proactive, to manage own tasks and prioritize.
- Ability to learn new technologies and analyze code that is seen for the first time.
- Ability to understand the product and the big picture and not focusing on a single application.
- Experience with HP Software product – advantage
- Experience with multi-threading applications – Advantage
- Experience with DataBases Oracle and SQL – Advantage
- Familiar with J2EE (Servlet, Struts, HTML) – Advantage
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top