Software Engineer (Firmware)
HP Networking, one of the fastest growing networking vendors, is looking for individuals who are talented, technically inclined and self-motivated to fill the following position for the development of our award-winning Networking Switches and Router products. This position will be physically located in Roseville, CA.
You will be part of a team that designs, implements, tests, and validates software for state-of-the-art networking products.
You will be involved in the design and development of major functional and performance enhancements for existing products and produce new software products and solutions. You will review requirements, specifications, and designs to assure product quality.
Additionally, you will make changes to create extensions on existing programs to add new features or performance improvements.
- BS in CS/CE or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Embedded systems programming experience
- Experience with software development tools and processes
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Solid Background in algorithms and systems software design
- Solid understanding of software development principles
- Very strong programming experience in C
- MS or advanced degree in CS/CE or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in TCP/IP, IPv4 and/orIPv6 networking protocols
- Experience in network programming, writing secure software
- Possess working knowledge on embedded software development in RTOS environment
- Experience with GIT or comparable Revision Control software
- Experience in various phases of the software development cycle
- Experience with network development tools – Sniffer, Traffic Generators, IXIA, Spirent etc.
- Experience with Unit Test Automation
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top