Software Engineer Firmware
Software Engineer Firmware
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, we don't just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for you. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Networking, one of the fastest growing networking vendors, is looking for individuals who are talented, technically inclined and self-motivated to fill the following position for the development of our award winning Networking Switches and Router Products. This position will be physically located in Singapore. HPE Networking offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch, campus LAN and data center solutions. HPE's innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Networking revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
You will be part of a team that designs, implements, tests and validates SW for state-of-the-art networking products. You will be involved in the design and development of major functional and performance enhancements for existing products and produce new SW products and solutions. You will review requirements, specifications, and designs to assure product quality. Additionally, you will make changes to create extensions on existing programs to add new features or performance improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 – 4 years of relevant experience
- Very strong programming experience in C
- Embedded systems programming experience
- Solid understanding of software development principles
- Experience with software development tools and processes
- Strong interest and ability to conduct issues investigation and develop solutions
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, eager and quick learner
- Passion for technology
- A strong team player, able to collaborate and work with global and cross-functional teams
- Master's degree or advance degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in TCP/IP, IPv4 and/orIPv6 networking protocols
- Experience in network programming, writing secure software
- Possess working knowledge on embedded software development in RTOS environment
- Experience with GIT or comparable Revision Control software
- Experience in various phases of the software development cycle
- Experience with network development tools - Sniffer, Traffic Generators, IXIA, Spirent etc.
- Experience with Unit Test Automation
- Experience in assembly language
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top