Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers come join us!
HPSD’s Storage Ecosystems Test (SET) lab:
performs interoperability & host connectivity testing with HP storage arrays (3PAR, MSA, XP, EVA, Balvenie), host OS’s/virtualized environments, and SAN infrastructure components. This includes array side features where there is host <-> array interactions. Interoperability testing consists of Block level access as well as File persona capabilities of the array (where applicable)
publishes test results on SPOCK as supported host SAN array “IO stack” configurations. SPOCK is the definitive documentation for what storage ecosystem components are supported with HP arrays
performs certification testing to obtain HP array product listing on external partner storage HCL/support matrices – Vmware, Microsoft, Sun Cluster, Citrix XenServer, Cisco UCS, Symantec SF
Engages with ecosystem partners to influence how they develop their storage management features and provide guidance on storage certification suites. We communicate partner storage roadmap items to HPSD development teams so they can incorporate into future product plans
is a key participant in the HPSD deal exception process (DERs/CERs).
To support HPSD’s business expansion, SET is expanding into Bangalore to cover Interoperability of 3PAR arrays with host OSes/virtual environments. The teams in Bangalore will be responsible for:
File persona qualification with various OSes (Windows, RHEL, SLES, HP-UX, Solaris, Ubuntu, hLinux)
Block storage qualification with Unix OSes (AIX, HPUX, Solaris and Mac OS)
Block storage qualification with Linux and Virtualization environments(Cisco UCS, Windriver Linux, Citrix Xenserver, Oracle Virtual Machines, Oracle UEL/UEK and Ubuntu)
You will be:
Working very closely with the manager of the OS interoperability qualification team to chalk out the test strategy for the team.
Mentoring and growing the knowledge base of the team members
Closely tracking the work of the 3PAR development teams in UDU to evaluate impacts to SET’s testing, triggered by new 3PAR features
Closely tracking the feature development of OSes (e.g. Solaris, AIX) – to evaluate test impacts to SET
Responsible for detailed test planning for the team
Responsible for evaluating any Deal Exception requests that are received by the various OS team
Leading the efforts for customer escalations and problem resolutions related to various OSes <->storage array interoperability
Doing hands-on qualification as needed
- Leads multiple project teams of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
- What do we offer?
- Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
- If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Education and Experience
- BE with at least 12-16 years’ experience in performing QA functions of system software
Strong knowledge of host operating systems and virtualization environments
Demonstrated ability to work with geographically dispersed teams
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Experience with storage arrays and host operating systems/virtualized environments will be a big Plus
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top