Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you’ll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You’ll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you’ll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
Your key tasks:
Responsible for design, development, maintenance, testing, and quality and performance assurance of system software products. Work within this job classification falls into three major categories:
(1) Maintenance and enhancement. Makes changes to system software to correct errors in the original implementation and creates extensions to existing programs to add new features or performance improvements.
(2) Major enhancement and new product design. Designs and develops major functional or performance enhancements for existing products, or produces new software products or tools.
(3) Quality and performance assurance. Reviews requirements, specifications and designs to assure product quality; develops and implements plans and tests for product quality or performance assurance. The differentiation between the levels of Software Designer is based primarily on the following criteria: (1) Complexity of the problems being addressed,
(2) Amount of supervision required,
(3) Breadth of technical knowledge and experience,
(4) Amount of innovation necessary to accomplish the tasks, and
(5) Degree of technical leadership provided.
The number of years of experience given below is only a guideline and represents neither a prerequisite nor criteria for automatic promotion. Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
What do we expect?
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field and a minimum of 4 years related experience or equivalent or a Master’s degree Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field and a minimum of 2-4 years experience or equivalent. May include experienced individuals with advanced degrees.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
- Core Technical Leadership. Demonstrates leadership in the development of technical innovations and in ensuring optimum collaboration and knowledge sharing of technical insights
- Project Leadership & Troubleshooting. Actively works to resolve project challenges and facilitate knowledge transfer between team members focused on shared objectives
- Technical Breadth/Depth. Demonstrates motivation to build deeper technical depth in area-of-expertise, and inform that knowledge base through understanding of associated areas
- Customer-Centric Focus. Ensures that a positive customer experience informs both the approach to work, the quality demonstrated, and the endpoint for measuring success
- Thought Leadership. Understands how businesses operate and uses this context to drive innovation and ethical decision-making
- Change Management. Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
- Problem Solving Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top