Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet- related computer programs, primarily for end users. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and cloud-based platforms based on specific requirements and instructions.
- Attend daily evening meetings with US-based engineering working in the Pacific time zone.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on software applications design and development.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products.
- Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
- At least one database: SQL Server, Oracle, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, NoSQL or MongoDB would be preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with little supervision
- Must be a team-player and highly self-motivated
- XML, JSON and/or Web Services
- Experience building Web Services
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using software applications design tools and languages.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing software applications running on multiple platform types.
- Software applications testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top