Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At HPE, you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You’ll use your experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes. And you’ll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world’s biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
Overview: We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated software engineer to work on our Big Data Technical Services team providing custom technical solutions to our customers on our cloud based archiving platform.
- Determine operational feasibility of customer requests by conducting analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Understands security and identifies encryption and controls needed to protect information.
- Coordinates testing efforts to identify and resolve system integration issues.
- Troubleshoot and debug application and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
- Create scripts and utilities to help automate operational processes, and fulfill custom customer requirements.
- Work with other team members in Operations, QA, and Systems Engineering to plan the deployment of software releases into production.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs
- Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration documents and release notes.
- Creating custom reports for customers.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in application development (5 years); Java.
- Knowledge of scalable distributed systems and service oriented architecture a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong experience in scripting language (2 years); Perl (preferred), Python.
- Experienced working in Linux environment (centos/redhat).
- Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen or KVM Hypervisor)
- Experience in SQL / relational databases; Oracle, SQL Server or PostgreSQL
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a close team in fast-paced deadline intensive environment
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, big data or artificial intelligence a strong plus
- Computer Science degree (GPA > 3.0 preferred)
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top