Digital Safe is HPE’s cloud based email archiving solution. HPE has been rated the market leader in Enterprise Information Archiving according to Gartner. The successful candidate will join a development team focused on coding and delivering monitoring tools to the Digital Safe Operations support group. These tools are pivotal to the successful running of our 24 hour follow the sun support model.
Hours: 09:30 – 18:00, Monday – Friday, with some scope if required for you to vary your hours to align with either our India or US based groups.
- The development of web based dashboard applications, reports, monitoring checks and data collection scripts.
- Diagnosis and repair of incidents within the Digital Safe Monitoring environment
- Communication to internal Operational teams and Client Directors in relation to monitoring queries and incident reports.
- Development of software in an agile development environment delivering and deploying software upgrades on a 2 weekly cycle.
- Managing information by ensuring feature notes are kept up to date and are complete
- Occasional availability out of hours when issues arise that cannot wait until working day.
- Participating in the culture of continual service improvement within the Digital Safe operations team
Education & experience required:
- Formal qualification in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Data visualization skills
- SQL based databases, ideally MySQL
- Testing and Quality Assurance methodologies
- Experience of working in an Agile based development environment
Knowledge & skills in any of the following are an advantage:
- Creating and maintaining scripts in PERL and bash
- Understanding of monitoring solutions, e.g. Nagios, Synthetic Testing
- Designing, developing and troubleshooting distributed systems.
- Developing and supporting Linux based systems
- Development, support and delivery of data feeds
Database support and administration
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top