Software Developer - Java, C , Hadoop (TS/SCI CI POLY Clearance)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has an immediate need in our US Public Sector Consulting Organization for a Software Developer with Java, C , Hadoop – TS/SCI FS Poly in Hanover, MD
Sr. Software Engineer with Java/C experience using HDFS, HADOOP, and/or Google’s BIG TABLE. Software environment runs in Windows, UNIX, or LINUX (RedHat versions 3-5).
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
Required – Shall have seven (7) years experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Required – Shall have two (2) years experience in the SIGINT environment.
- Desired – Knowledge and experience with internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or Google’s BIG TABLE.
- Desired – Experience with Hadoop clusters with 1000 or more cores.
- Desired – Familiar with the software development process described in the J-STD-016 and IEEEIEIA 12207, “Information technology-Software life cycle processes” and possess at least two (2) years of experience developing software in accordance with these standards.
- Desired – Able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts.
- Desired – Four (4) years demonstrated experience developing software for one of the following: Windows, UNIX, or Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) OS.
- Desired – Experience on at least one Object Oriented System.
- Desired – Extensive experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist.
- Desired – Experience in evaluating project needs, determining tasks and durations and allocating resources.
- Desired – Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
- Desired – Six (6) years of experience developing software using the Java programming language. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At least four (4) years of either C or C Windows/Linux programming experience.
- Desired – Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Desired – Demonstrated technical writing skills.
- Desired – Firm grasp of modem computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
- Desired – Experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to two (2) years experience. A Master’s degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience.
NOTE: A degree in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top