Software Developer Java
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Support of existing software applications including bug fixing and critical issues response.
- Analysis and design including requirement gathering and documentation.
- Customer and stakeholder communication.
- Providing technical assistance regarding the environment setup and configuration
- Performing code reviews and Peer Programming Techniques.
- Part of a Scrum team driving technical direction for the team and ensuring highest technical quality of the work.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 6-10 years experience
Experience and Skills
- Hons degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field
- 7 years or more experience in writing production level software within Enterprise domain.
- Development experience within Agile teams.
- Excellent knowledge and considerable development experience with Java and Application Frameworks
- Familiarity and experience with Test Driven Development.
- Knowledge of enterprise adapters, XSLT, web services, Java utilities, RabbitMQ, JMS Queues, RMI.
- Familiar with Tomcat application servers, creation of Spring web services and multi-threaded programming.
- Knowledge of version control systems (GitHub) and continuous integration engines (Jenkins) and container technologies such as Docker.
- Proficiency using IDEs such as Intellij \ Eclipse
- Experience with Elastic Search, Hortonworks an advantage.
- Knowledge of database structure and design.
- Understanding of software development lifecycles and methodologies with particular emphasis on Scrum development practices.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a tea
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top