Software Developer Intern Program
Introduction to the Role:
As a Software/System Engineer in the HPE Storage Division Advanced Development team, you’ll work with system designers and other developers in the design & development of new HPE Storage systems and solutions. You may work on leading edge technologies in such areas as persistent memory, data de-duplication, data migration, data services, storage management, and platform development. You’ll work on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope.
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, and unit-tests software for new products and enhancements for existing products in HPE’s Storage Division’s products. Development will be based on the Linux Operating System at the systems level, including user-mode utilities, libraries, middleware, kernel modules, and the Linux kernel.
- Designs and implements software components of engineering solutions for products, systems, software, and solutions based on established principles, in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Contributes as a key team member by participating in technical discussions in all aspects of the project with other members including design meetings and reviews of designs and code.
- Collaborates with other engineering groups, and with internal and/or outside development partners as required to successfully develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and/or outsourced development partners on engineering design and development.
- Develops new ideas and concepts, creates demonstrations, prototypes, and other evaluations, and advances them through HPE’s processes for developing and protecting intellectual property.
Education and Experience Required:
High School Degree 2nd Year of University completed-typically a technical degree specialization
- Good grades at A’ level
- Undergraduate or graduate study in a Software Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Systems related degree, or an Electronics degree with a systems bias
- Good knowledge and working experience of computer systems architectures
- Knowledge of operating system architectures
- Knowledge of computer networking architectures and protocols
- Good technical problem solving skills
- An excellent communicator and team worker
- Ability to work independently when necessary
- Good project and personal time management skills
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top