Software Developer Intern
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking a highly motivated Software Developer Intern to support the Software Defined Data Center and Cloud (SDC) business unit. This individual will work in the Fort Collins, Colorado office.
This individual will design, implement, test, and debug software for existing and new products which provide solutions for managing hardware.
These products involve development of user interfaces, engines that accomplish tasks, and interfaces to other products.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Developing solutions under guidance of experienced engineers
- Collaborating and communicating with the team
Education and Experience:
- Currently attending a 4-year university, majoring in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- At least 3 years toward computer degree
- Java programming language
- Good analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
The following skills and experience are desired:
- Knowledge of software test development, execution, and scripting
- Familiarity with agile development process
- Familiarity with system administration processes and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Passion for technology.
- Motivation to solve business and technical problems.
- Desire to go in depth on technical solutions.
- Hands-on knowledge with some current industry leading technology (in a classroom or real world setting).
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and effectively communicate those concepts to others.
- Excellent intrapersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective questioning techniques and effective interpretation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team on large complex projects.
- Effective presentation capability with both small and medium sized audiences.
- Highly motivated team player.
- Entrepreneur minded work ethic.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top